8. Unknown to Man

(8:52 PM)

"How's your hand?" Kyle mumbled to the bassist over the low volume music.

"Better," he replied. "And I think part of it's healed," his voice cadenced in a peculiar way.

"How?" Dan peeked over Will's shoulder. "Burns take way longer to heal..."

"Exactly," Kyle nodded, holding up both wrists. "Look at mine," he gazed at the red scratches. "The blisters are gone, and the skin sealed."

"W-wha?" Woody stammered at the fastened regeneration pace. "That can't be...possible..."

"Holy shit!" Dan screamed and pointed at the keyboardist's wrists. "What the fuck is it doing?!"

"Woah!" Kyle jumped up and stared wide eyed at the glowing red marks. "What's happening?!"

No one knew what to do, and who wouldn't? Kyle was horrified of what was happening on his wrists, and everyone else was freaking out around the keyboardist. Dan was literally jumping out of his skin trying to come up with a rational theory as to how the cuts could illuminate red, but without chemicals of any sort in Kyle's blood, the singer couldn't even logically come up with a way that his best friend's burns could heal so fast. Will's attention was now off of his hand, and directed upon the glowing red, and even the logic genius himself had no idea what to think. And Woody? He was trying to get phone signal to Google Search how this phenomenon was possible in humans.

"Are you bleeding?" Will asked. "Awuoi says that it's bad if the cuts are bleeding out from your wrists."

"I d-don't think s-so?"

"Woah!" Dan fidgeted around with his flashlight's button in an attempt to turn it on. "Ky, don't move!"

"Huh?" everyone stopped their process of panic.

"Look at his skin!" the singer finally got his light to ignite. "It's fucking pale!"

"EEK!" Kyle shrieked at his own skin colour, touching his bare skin on his face. "What's happening to me?!"

"I-I d-don't know!!!" Dan panicked, now trying to turn off his red light. "Oh my fucking god!!!" The singer immediately dropped his flashlight and gasped in horror.

      Woody peeked over Dan's shoulder and knew exactly what he meant.

     "Your eyes!" The drummer eased back in regard of the monster that was forming before them.

     "Kyle..." Will began to step backwards. "Whatever you do...do not turn around."

     "Huh?" The keyboardist blinked and did the exact opposite of what he was told. "What the fuck?! I don't see myself!!!" For fuck's sake...Will slapped his forehead.

     "H-he's..."

     "...a-a v-vampire."

     "A what?!"

     "Mate, look at his fucking eyes!" Woody clung to Dan's long arm. "Why the fuck are they glowing bright blue?!"

     "My eyes are blue?! What the fuck-"

     "EVERYONE CALM THE FUCK DOWN."

     Dan and Woody gasped as Will sternly stared at everyone as if they were immature. Kyle stopped his rant of freaking out and just stood there in confusion as to what was happening inside Will's head. He took a step backwards as the bassist raised his hand and pointed at Kyle. Please don't tell me he's been possessed again, the keyboardist worriedly looked Will up and down. The singer's legs tensed up slightly as Will strolled closer to the young vampire, readying pounce on the bassist if he was indeed possessed again. Woody was still hopelessly trying to find a cell phone signal, not knowing that the demon residing inside blocked out all signal.

     "Kyle...I'm not gonna hurt you...but I just want to hear your heartbeat..."

     Wait. Don't vampires have no heartbeat? Dan loosened up and stared.

     "O-okay?" The keyboardist hesitantly walked closer to Will and let his chest stick out slightly.

     "Just as I thought," Will nodded as he moved away from the area outside of Kyle's heart. "No heartbeat."

     "Ky," Dan called for his friend's attention. "Run."

     "What?"

     "Run."

     "Why?"

     Dan coughed to discreetly tell Kyle about a certain ability the keyboardist could perform. Sadly for him, the vampire wasn't taking in the coughs as a clue.

     "Mate, you okay?" Kyle became worried by the amount of coughing that Dan was doing.

     "For fuck's sake, I want to see if you can run fast!" The singer frustratedly threw his arms up.

     "Ohhh," Kyle realized and smiled. "Kay!" he jumped up and blurred around, frightening everyone with his hyper speed. Dan slapped his forehead as the wind blew his messy hair around, some strands getting in his face, and some flying out of designated position, he truly regretted telling Kyle to run around the house.

"Stop!" Will pleaded and ducked down to avoid the blur.

"But it's fun!" Kyle whined.

"So you'd prefer to be a monster?" Woody crossed his arms as his body tried to withstand the wind force of Kyle's abrupt stop.

"Of course not!"

"Then we have to fucking find a way to reverse this!" Dan exclaimed. "We can't just leave with Kyle like this!" he squished his best friend's cheeks causing the vampire to bear his fangs.

"If we get out," Will sighed.