9. Hold Both Hands

(9:26 PM)

     "So...what exactly happened in the bathroom?" Kyle curiously looked at Dan as they sat down in their little sitting circle. "Like...why did you want us to come to the bathroom?"

     "Oh, that?" the singer's head perked up at the question. "Well..."

     "Let's just say it's complicated," Woody simply replied.

     "Aww! Tell us!" Kyle whined, his eyes flashing a small shine of sky blue.

     "Are you absolutely sure?" Dan glared at his band mate. "It's kinda disturbing..."

     "Disturbing is my middle name!"

     I thought it was Jonathan...Will rolled his eyes.

     "Okay..."

     "So what happened?!" Kyle shook Dan, making a huge smile and bearing his fangs.

"Well..." Dan tilted his head and began to recall the event.

"Let's do this!" The singer cried with excitement.

     "How does the thing go again?" Woody scratched his head. "I remember hearing some of the kids in my class talking about it."

     "You stare at the mirror and chant Bloody Mary three times and if it works she should pop up in the mirror..." Dan explained. "If it doesn't work, we could always try it with running water, since that apparently attracts her to come."

     "And what the fuck do we do if she pops out of the mirror and grabs us?" Woody queried. He was beginning to believe this ghost stuff after seeing seemingly humanoid shadows crawl up and down the walls of the house.

     "Pfff, it's not real, she's not gonna show up," Dan shook it off. "You don't actually take this shit seriously, do you?"

     "O-of course not!" The drummer stammered.

     "Then let's get this going!"

     A few minutes had passed, and Dan and Woody were both ready to play, standing within the vicinity of the mirror as they stood there to chant out the infamous name. The half-skeleton singer didn't expect a thing to happen, since he had played the game in primary school, along with a couple other childhood friends. A fake kid's game...Dan thought to himself as he rolled his eyes and faced the reflective glass. On the other hand, Woody was more reluctant to play, probably since he never had any results being a first-timer at this kind of stuff. So, just to make things easier, Dan started to chant the ghost's name.

     "Bloody Mary..." Dan held up his phone and stared at the vintage mirror.

     "Bloody Mary..." the Argyle dan glanced at his band mate.

     "Bloody Mary."

     Tick.

     Tock.

     Tick.

     Tock.

     Tick.

     Tock.

     "Hmm...nothing so far..." Dan's hand lowered the phone and his other stroked the stubble on his chin as he focused his gaze onto the mirror.

     Squeak.

     "What was that?!" Woody gasped and jumped back, staring at the shower, where the sound allegedly came from.

     "It's an old house, mate," Dan chuckled and shrugged it off. "They always make these kinds of- HOLY FUCKING HELL!!!"

     "What?!" Woody immediately glared at Dan.

"That..." The singer's arm trembled as it raised to the height of the mirror. "What the fuck is that..."

"W-what the..." the drummer gave a disturbed expression as he backed away slightly. "Is that...b-blood?"

"Holy shit!" Dan's face stretched into a frightened smile full of shock. "It is!" he rubbed the red between his thumb and index, letting Woody have a whiff at the irony stench.

"And? Is that the end?" Kyle abruptly asked.

"Yeah..." Dan nodded. "And you wanna know the weird part?"

"What?"

"The blood disappeared by the time you came to the bathroom."

"The fuck?" Will retracted his head in confusion. "How?"

"Let's go play to find out!" Kyle sprung up and impatiently waited for Will to join.

"I'll go."

"You?" Everyone stared at Woody. "I thought you wanted to leave?" Dan cocked an eyebrow.

"Someone's gotta ensure their safety, right?"

"Alright..."

"Onwards!" Will cried and suddenly stood, even giving Kyle a small spook.

<><><><><><><><><><>

"Bloody Mary..."

     "Bloody Mary..."

     "Bloody Mary," the two new players finished in unison.

     "See anything?!" Dan yelled from outside the bathroom door.

     "Nope!" Woody answered.

     "Ouch!" The bassist hissed.

     "Mate, what happened?!" The red in Kyle's irises gleamed for a brief second.

     "My hand...it...burns..."

     "Good lord!" Woody cried. "His other hand's fucking swollen!"

     "He's following in my steps!" Kyle shivered. "But...what's he going to be?"

     "I don't want to be anything!" Will frustratedly glared at Kyle. "I just want to leave!"

     But we all know that's not going to happen anytime soon...the Argyle player pursed his lips.

     "What happened?!" Dan suddenly stormed in, gasping at the yellow blisters that disgustingly covered the other hand that hadn't been affected yet.

     "The same thing that happened to me...happened to Will..."

     "What the fuck?"

     "Then..." Woody gasped in horrid realization. "...Dan...you and I are next..."