The Angel Sinks In

<Megan's P.O.V>

The sun had set, and I watched Aceline head home. By the looks of it, she values her parents' orders about curfew and stuff. As for myself, I don't think Dad would put up a curfew. If there ever was, as long as the beer got to his throat on time, who would know about the daughter.

In the midst of the setting sun, a familiar boy in a green hoodie approached me. A blonde girl left me, and a blond boy is coming my way. His shade is a little darker, with some sharp upward wave that made a tent in his green hoodie. He always grinned like he stole something. If blue eyes and smooth lips spoke a line, it would be 'I'm a fragile baby.' Makes you think he's the one stolen from. Next thing you know, your purse it gone. It's those freckles. Those goddamn freckles. Can't trust them.

His blue is almost green, and his jawline almost perfectly aligns with his neck. His body goes through weird weight fluctuations, but what I do know is that Aceline's blue eyes makes you think of the sky. The calm. You have those eyes on you and you begin to fix your posture, but you get clumsy and drop your pens and you begin to smile nervously and she seems amused.

Like that thought wasn't conceived during Science yesterday.

I shouldn't be thinking of you.

"Megan! Hey, you wanna have some fun, or something? Here-" Jake called out, tossing me what looked like a can of air spray. I expertly caught it with one hand, and shook the contents. It felt new.

I greeted. When he walked close enough, we did our secret handshake and embraced. He told me about the guards in the backyard of school going out for a minute, and we could head there and spray paint for fun. Of course, having no care about time or about the people back in my house, I said yes like it was the only word I knew. He ran by my side as we raced to the back.

As I ran side by side with Jake, I remembered the days I had with him back in middle school... the days when he had this very hippie, long, blond hair and braces. Now, he sort of changed into a short-haired, dirty-blond kid with great teeth and shoes. A lot of girls would love to be with him. They'd probably be content just knowing how those teeth feel like now.

Truth be told, I used to... 'like' Jake as 'more than friend,' simply because he knew how to be there during my best days. His blue eyes are a little green. They make me think of entering a small cafe to sip tea, but you walk in a little more and you'll discover yourself in a dance club with more sounds and people and scents and it's just not what you walked into the cafe for.

And plus, how does he express such recessive traits? What sort of genetics?

He never was around during my greyest, most terrible days, which really changed the way I saw him. I never told him any of that- heck, it's not his fault for anything. So nowadays, we just hang out together for the fun.

We reached the back part of the school, just a fence away from the parking lot. I noted the guard walking into the dark woods as if inspecting something, then disappearing into that darkness. I heard footsteps, and I realized it was more of Jake's 'after-school' friends with their own air sprays and street attitude.

When I was a kid, these sorts of teens would make me imagine drug-users or juveniles. But as I grew older, I knew how it was like to get so bored at your own home, you result to hanging out past your curfew to meet strangers and vandalize buildings for no good reason. Really, I understand everyone has comfort-activities... and this was ours.

A group of teens claimed the left side of the wall, and we with Jake's friends took the right side.

"What's the theme, yo?" A kid with a beanie asked.