Falling Apart

<Aceline's P.O.V>

<Thursday>

Wednesday had passed, slowly and quickly at the same time. I was never approached by Megan, and I never approached her too; or at least, I prevented myself from doing so, and it wasn't easy. I just had to keep her at my peripheral vision all the time, when I could so easily take her hand and jus sit on the soccer field for the whole day.

But, I know she doesn't want that. She said so herself.

And plus, yesterday, her headaches have been worsening, to the point that she had to stay in the clinic the whole day after lunch, and after that, I heard she cut classes with 'the other kids.

It was scaring me, very much! She was going back to the way she was before we met, and even worse! I know we have successfully ignored each other for just few school days, but I can tell she repeated her negative nature with ease.

I know, at the back of my mind, this is all God's work. This is how he is making us fall apart. I and Megan promised that we will make it through together, and it was scaring me that this was all happening.

....Today, school suspended classes due to an outbreak of rats in the canteen, because of a terrible Science experiment held there.

I did not know which was worse- a day being beside Megan, but ignoring her... Or not seeing her at all?

I sit by my bedroom window at a mid-day, just contemplating what   is happening to her, to me, to us. The whole world I'm not really part of. I don't need to worry about myself, God and Lucifer had given their judgments enough.

I got tired of counting the red cars and subtracting them with the black ones.

I made my way downstairs and opened the front door. I need a little air to get my mind to live another day... Wait, I am an immortal. But even though.

My parents won't be home until evening, and yes, they have been ignoring me too.

As I locked the house and was ready to do a little walk, a familiar car parked in front of my lawn, and out came a Mary, outfit all the same, but face was losing its luster.

She looked almost as dull as me, and it's no wonder. Angie wasn't with her; that makes all the difference.

I met her half-way and we said our names in unison. She looked as happy as me that we met. We haven't also talked to each other the past classes.

I gestured her to speak first.

"Aceline, hi, are you busy or something?" she asked, and I shrugged. Walking all by myself drowning in sorrow doesn't sound so appealing. So I said no.

"I was just going out for a walk- my parents aren't home. So, why'd you come over?" My turn to ask. If it sounded harsh, Mary seemed too thick to mind.

She placed her hands in her varsity jacket and bit her lip. Her foot started drawing lines on the dirt. She looks like she could be anywhere else but here.

"Last week, I got invited to a friend's party, and I had an extra invite. The party's today, and I would've invited Angie, but she obviously doesn't want to go out with me ," Mary placed a little sass in that part, almost as if talking to Angie in a rant.

"So yeah... Want to go? That is, if, Megan won't mind either..."

I placed a hand between us, a gesture I think I adapted from Megan.

"She wouldn't mind. Let's go?"

By the sound of that, Mary sensed how I also lost my luster in speaking her name. We're two of a kind- and we know it.