I Need To Speak With God

<Aceline’s P.O.V>

               Being in human form, the ascension to Heavenly realms gave me so much adrenaline rush, the very second I stepped into the very bright kingdom; I lost breath and almost fell on my side. My human body couldn’t seem to be exposed to a supernatural place. I felt as though I was rotting away so quickly.

               But I knew I needed to stay alive. I should speak to God quickly before immeasurable pain begins. After all, I could never die. Just ache eternally.

               I forget all about thanking Angel Morris, and I rushed into the Pearly Gates, past the angelic guards who are still gawking at my sudden presence, past the other angels who used to stand and watch in indifference when I got banished from my home, past Angel Michael and Angel Judiel who seem like they don’t believe their holy eyes.

               I knew once the guards get over reality, they will be chasing me. So I rushed to the very center of this realm, where the light is brightest, and called out God’s true name. Thrice, for good measure.

               “I need to speak to you!” I screamed out, and I saw few angels coming my way.

               Surely, a flash brighter than the brightest light, and a naked man was before me. This time, he takes on the body of a bald, African American male.

               I do not take the time to fully take his appearance- for Megan’s sake, we need to talk!

               I felt strong arms wrap around me, and sudden nostalgia filled me.

               “Let her go,” God said, and the words did cut the bitter memories short. The arms let go of me reluctantly.

               “Why are you here? I sent Angel Morris to take Megan, not you. You know you could not be here.” He questioned. He looked as though he doesn’t have much time for this conversation, as he kept shifting his eyes to the clouds, flash of lights, and on coming souls of humans. Everything else seemed more interesting than me.

               “How could you take her life? That counts as murder! You’re making her suffer from sickness she didn’t bring onto herself!”

               “She- YOU both need to learn not to go against my will! You already knew that, Aceline. Now the punishment goes on your lover’s life.”

               My mouth gaped open, and my eyes pricked with vision-blurring tears. I involuntarily took a step back, and my hands coiled into fists, trying to hold on to my emotions, and to manage the feeling of my human essence rotting away.

               God thinks he could ask his angels to take me back to Earth, and take Megan away from the life she deserves. No, I’ve already once was too coward to defend what I believe in. I’ve made mistakes as an angel that I shall not repeat as human.

               “God, know this-“ I said before he turned to go, assuming our conversation was over.

               “If you looked into her life, you’d know that her life has been peaking up ever since she met me. No matter what hurdles you have brought to her, she pulled through, because I was with her. She was already a broken little girl with terrible family issues and struggling social status, but her decision to change herself for the better was influenced by me. God, know that although you have created everything, everything only stays where it is, because of love. Love of a woman to woman, man to man; it doesn’t matter. It won’t matter.”