Ch 2: Trouble

Chapter 3: Trouble

"Ember!" I hear my brother call, from the living room. I sit in the kitchen, rolling my eyes.

"What?" I shout at him.

"Ember!!" He yells louder, he either didn't hear me or he's trying to get me to come to him.

"What?!" I practically scream at him. I hear him growl.

"Stop yelling!" I hear my dad shout from upstairs. Hypocrite.

"Come here!" Everest yells anyway.

"No!" I yell back.

"Kids!" Mom scolds us, walking down the stairs. She rests on the railing, glaring at us.
"We told you to stop yelling. Your disturbing the peace."

"Sorry mom!" Everest says. He's such a suck-up.

"Sorry," I mumble, rolling my eyes at the floor.

"Attitude, Ember," she warns me, walking back upstairs. Everest stomps into the kitchen, glaring at me.

"You got us in trouble, Em." He frowns at me.

"Your the one that was yelling at me." I point out.

"You yelled back!" He growls at me.

"You started it," I stand up and growl back.

"You could've gotten off your lazy butt and came to me," he jabs a finger at me.

"You could've came to me instead of yelling," I shove him. He stumbles back a little. He regains his balance and shoves me back. I barely move. He shoves me harder. I fall back into the counter, yelping. I straighten myself up and shove him again.

"Mom, Ember shoved me!" Everest calls, smirking at me. I gasp, shoving him back.

"He started it!" I yell, smirking back. I hear someone stomp down the stairs. Dad.

"What did we say about the yelling?" He booms. We both shrink back.

"Sorry, dad. I just wanted to tell you that Em shoved me," he says innocently. I roll my eyes.

"Ember, no shoving," my dad sighs, running his temple. Everest smirks again at me.
"Everest, no tattling."

I smirk at Everest, and he frowns.

"Ember, I have to talk to you. Everest, go train or something," he dismisses him and waves for me to follow him to his office. Everest stomps outside, stopping to shift.

His wolf isn't intimidating in the slightest. His wolf is a rich golden color, sure its pretty but pretty isn't going to get you anywhere in battle.

I see the same flash of black outside, bolting into the forest. Its clearly a wolf, but I'm not sure who.

Dad and I walk to his office in silence, my heart beats faster.

"Ember," he starts, opening the door and sitting down in his chair.
"I heard you helped out in training the pups today."

"Yeah, Axel was all alone. You weren't there to help him!" I explain, already expecting to be scolded.

"You know that your not allowed to do training!" His voice rises a little.

"But why?" I whine.

"You have to preserve your Alpha image. Plus, you're not a boy. You know that you're not allowed to be a trainer," he explains.

"But dad, you know how bad I want to be a warrior! Aria is a warrior, and Remi's dad is letting her be a warrior, why can't I be one too?" I frown, holding back tears. Remi is one of my closest friends. Axel, Remi and I all want to be warriors.

"Ember, if you get hurt, I don't know what I would do with myself. Your mother and I love you so much, Em. We just want what's best for you, if that means keeping you safe, and out of wars, then so be it." He tries to sympathize, but he fails.

"But I'm a good fighter! I finished top of my class in training. Please, dad, please let me fight!" I cry, a single tear falling. I angrily wipe it away.

"I'm sorry, but no. I can't let you- Em, come back!" He shouts at me, but I'm already running out of his office and up to my room. I slam the door behind me and fall onto my bed. I cry into my blanket, gripping at the soft purple fabric.

My mom decorated my room, and I haven't had the heart to tell her I hate purple. She did my whole room in the same pastel color. Remi wishes she had this room, its pretty much her favorite color, but her's is done in a basic white and gray room, like everyone else's.

Eventually, my tears begin to dry up and I sit quietly in my room, staring at my training trophy sitting on my shelf. I slowly get up and walk over to it. I haven't looked at it in ages.

My hands wrap around the golden base and I read it.

"#1 trainer" and below it, it reads my name; "Ember Elise Cast"

Suddenly, a determination like no other comes over me and I'm filled with rage. If my parents won't let me be a warrior here, I'll just go somewhere else and be a warrior.

I know what I have to do, to follow my dream.

I have to run away, and join a new pack.

I don't know why its taken me 15 years to think of this! I laugh silently to myself. Sure, its going to be hard but if I really want this, then I'll do it. I'm going to be the best warrior there is.

◼◼◼

Author's Note:

Is Ember really going to run away? Let me know what you think!

Don't forget to favorite and comment! ❤

Ilyyyyy!

~Galaxy Potato ❤❤❤