TEASER!

This chapter is just a teaser, not the actual story yet.

Edit: just kidding, this will be chapter 4: flashback

I teeter off into the forest, wobbling on my short, chubby, toddler legs. I was probably five years old, Everest was seven. Everest is a few feet ahead of me. He laughs.

"Come on Ember!" He calls over his shoulder, giggling.

"Wait up!" I wail, stumbling over fallen branches. He replies with a laugh, running into the forest.

"Evey!" I cry, loosing sight of him. I look around in awe. It's beautiful here. I plop down onto the slightly damp ground, and pick at the bright green grass. A black blur flashes past me and I giggle.

"Hello?" I squeak, glancing around. A black pup runs up and starts licking my face. I giggle in delight.

"Shift," he whispers to me in a small voice. I frown.

"I can't," I say back to him. His lower lip quivers.

"You have to," he licks my face again, causing me to erupt in a fit of giggles.
"Please."

I nod my head and they to shift. I scream as I feel my bones crack. He covers my mouth with his soft fur. Its smells of watermelon shampoo. I breathe in deeply, loving his scent already.

"You did it!" He cheers rubbing up against me, purring loudly. I look down at me feet which are now paws. I shreik.

"I'm a wolf!" I howl, jumping around.

"I promise to always protect you Ember."

I jump again and look around me.

"Did you hear that?" I whisper to him, glancing around.

"It was your wolf speaking to you." He explains, easing my worries. I lay down, suddenly tired. He lays with me, head resting on my paw. We cuddle together as the night breeze flows through our fur.

"I have to go," he whispers in my ear, licking my head. I whimper.

"Don't go," I stand up, pleading him. A tear threatens to fall from his bright blue eyes.

"I have to," he pushes his forehead against mine, gazing into my green eyes. Our noses brushes against each others.
"I promise to come back for you." He turns to leave.

"Wait!" I yell for him. He stops and turns, a sad smile playing on his mouth.

"What's your name?" I ask hopefully. He smiles brightly.

"Harley."

◼◼◼

Don't forget to favorite and comment! ❤

~Galaxy Potato ❤❤❤