Ch 6: My first time... playing beer pong

Chapter 6: My first time... Playing beer pong

We finally arrived at the party, thank goodness because I don't think I'd be able to handle anymore of Axel's "singing".
Seriously, he sounded like a dying cat.

He wore a casual button down, with dark jeans that hung perfectly in his body, hugging all of the right places.

I didn't have any feelings for Axel, and he, the same. Sure, he was attractive but we never had that spark. Not like me and Harley, that is.

"Come on! The party is inside," Remi gripped my hand, dragging me through the opened door, Axel, behind us.

Its already very crowded and dark but we don't mind. We've been to several parties before. They were with people we knew well however. We know little to no people at all here, so to say we were a bit nervous is an understatement. Remi clung to my arm as we pushed through the crowd, looking for any familiar faces.

I felt two large hands grab my shoulders as I yelped. I spin around and punch the stranger in the nose, hard. I immediately regret it.

"Harley!" I shriek, throwing my arms around his shoulders.
"I'm so sorry!"

"I deserved it," he waves me off. I raise an eyebrow.
"I should've known not to grab tour shoulders."

"Not your best idea," I agree, giggling slightly. I am so not a giggly person.
"What're you doing here anyway?" 

"This is where I live," he gestures around the house and people. I raise a questioning eyebrow.

"You told me that you were a rogue?" I point out, hand on hip.
"Explain now, Harley."

His facial expression drops and he grabs my arm, pulling me into a room. I shout in protest, but Rem and Axel are gone.

He closes the door behind us.

"This used to be my pack," he explains, leaning against the door, looking me dead in the eyes.
"My friends still invite me to events."

"Oh," I sigh, shivering slightly.

"Cold?" He asks quietly. I nod. He takes off his leather jacket and hands it to me. I smile in gratitude.

"So," he starts, pulling me over to a couch.
"Tell me about yourself."

◼◼◼

"Ember!" Remi barges into the room, splashing a clear liquid out of the side if her cup, making the door fly into the wall.
"Let's go play spin the bottle!"

"Not now, Rem," I sigh, leaning farther into Harley's side.

"How about beer pong?" She pleads, doing some puppy eyes. I glance over at Harley.

"I'm down," he shrugs, earning a smile from Remi.

"See? Even your boyfriend here wants to!" She exclaims, getting down in front of us, on her knees.

"He's not my boyfriend," I say automatically, glancing slightly at him.
"And fine."

"I knew I'd find you on your knees by the end of the night," Axel laughs as he pushes open the door. Remi huffs, standing up.

"Were going to play beer pong!" Remi bounces up and down, smiling. She has already forgotten about the comment that Axel made.

Axel's face lights up at the mention of beer pong. My stomach twists in nervousness. I've never actually played beer pong.