Ch 11: New Years Eve pt1

New Years Eve
12 hours until midnight

New years. I can't believe its been a whole year again. And I won't be able to spend it with my mate.

"Cheer up dude," Axel says, reaching into the fridge and sniffing random containers.

"Easy for you to say. You could kiss anyone at midnight if you wanted. I can't even kiss my mate, let alone a total stranger."

"Ok so? You don't have to kiss someone at midnight," he shrugs. He doesn't understand.

"But," I start again but he cuts me off.

"If it helps, I won't kiss anyone at midnight," he sighs, raising his eyebrows.

"No but you'll kiss someone at 11:59," I roll my eyes. Its no use. "I'll just spend the night in my room."

"Absolutely not! You're coming to a party tonight," he smiles at me. I shake my head immediately.

"You know how that ended last time," I point out, shaking my head again.

"Already covered. Alpha said yes as long as that boy isn't there, and Everest comes with us."

"No no no no! I don't want a baby sitter," I shake my head again. I'm not going to be treated like a child.

"I'll pay him to stay away. As for Harley, I don't know." He gives me a sad smile as of to say 'that's the best offer I got.'

"I don't have anything to wear," I try to convince him and myself that its a bad idea, even if I'm starting to get excited.

"That's a lie. Plus, you've got Remi."

Axel knew me too well.

"Ok fine. But if I get grounded, its on you!" I jab my finger at his chest, standing up from the counter I was sitting on. New years is in 12 hours.

"Where are you going?" He asks, grabbing another container, sniffing it and grimacing. He places the lid back on and throws it away.

"I've got to find an outfit if I'm going to a party!" I laugh, rushing out of the kitchen.

"Good luck!"

◼◼◼

◼10 hours until midnight◼

I finally found an acceptable outfit for the party and I've taken a shower. I'm currently lotioning up my body when I get a knock on my door.

"Who is it?" I yell through the door, wrapping myself in a robe.

"Your mother," mom says lightly knocking. I sigh and open the door.
"Hi sweetie."

"Hey mom, what's up?" I grab my lotion and set it back on my shelf.

"I just wanted to talk to you about a few things," she says mysteriously, smiling.

"Which is?" I motion for her to continue.

"About... Your dream. Of being a warrior," she sighs, clearly uncomfortable.

"Why about it?" I start to feel defensive for my passion of fighting.

"Its not bad. I just wanted to say I support you," she looks at me in the eyes, smiling sadly.