Ch 14: New Years Eve pt4

◼half an hour until midnight

I push my way through the crowds, in search of Maya. So far, I've had no luck.

Also, I haven't seen Harley since before he left to get a drink. I've been all over the house, and I can't find any of my friends. Except Remi and Collin, but I don't want to talk about that encounter. Ew.

I've pretty much come to the conclusion that I'm going to be alone on new years, and that I won't have a kiss at midnight. No big deal.

I give up and sit outside, alone. I stare off into the near by woods. Suddenly, I head heels clicking behind me. I turn around. Maya.

"Hello, Ember," she sneers at me. She isn't happy.

"Maya," I say, making my voice sound neutral and boring.

"I heard what Axel told you. I came to inform you that it isn't true," she rests a hand on her hip, staring down at me. I stand up. She stands an inch or two above me.

"Oh really? Then what's the real story?"

"Yes, I knocked on his window. But, he told me to. He said to not go through the front doors. Of course I listened to my boyfriend!" She flips her hair, smiling.
"So, he lets me in. Then, I approach him and he lifts me up and well, I bet you can guess the rest."

"How do I know that your not lying?" I say, even though I believe Axel by 10000%.

"There isn't proof. Just take my word for it, he begged me."

"I don't know if I can believe your story, Maya. I've known Axel for a long time. He wouldn't lie to me like that, about something serious," I shake my head. I want to get away from her.

"Then don't believe me. See of I care," she growls at me, flipping her hair and strutting away. She stops suddenly, turning her head to the side, talking over her shoulder.
"Enjoy your New years, Ember."

A chill runs through my body. Something is wrong, I can sense it. She probably did something to Harley and Axel.

I let her walk away. I just stand and watch her. I wait until she's gone for me to go inside as well. There is only twenty minutes until midnight.

I spend the rest of my time wandering around. The time ticks down slowly. I watch couples dance together, making me jealous. I want Harley here too.

◼five minutes until midnight

I'm going to spend my first new years with a mate, all by myself. No kiss. No smiling and looking lovingly into each others eyes.

I find myself back on the same porch as before, staring at my phone. Three minutes until midnight. I feel tears well up in my eyes. I know I shouldn't cry about a new years kiss, but I can't help it. I just want Harley here.

"Happy New Years, darling," a voice giggles behind me. I turn and its Maya again. It isn't a sincere laugh.

"What do you want?" I quickly wipe a tear away.

"I came to see how you are doing, without Harley. I bet its hard being alone on New Years," she inspects her nails, even though they're perfect.

"So what?" I stand up, bearing my canines. She doesn't back down, but instead bears her teeth as well.

"I suggest you stop what your doing now, pup," she growls at me. I growl back.

"Leave me alone, Maya."

"You asked for it," she lunges on me, sticking a needle into my neck. Everything starts spinning as I hear cheers from inside. Its officially the new year.

This is exactly the way I wanted to start my year. I say sarcastically to myself.

The last thing I see is Maya smiling devilishly above me, when everything grows black and quiet.

◼◼◼

Author's Note:

OH MY GOSHHHHHHH! Why'd Maya have to be a villian?

All questions will be answered soon, lovelys!

Lastly; I want you guys to let me know if you want me to bring back my "Get To Know Me" book!

I'm thinking about doing another story, but I'm not sure about what and/or when.

Don't forget to favorite and comment! 💞

Ily! 💞

~Galaxy Potato 💞