Ch 34: Big Announcements

**Not Edited**
*Five Months Later*

Bliss described by Webster's dictionary means complete happiness. Getting to wake up next to my amazing mate to go to my amazing job every single day is the exact definition of bliss. I really don't think I could get any happier at this point. I used to think that having a mate was over hyped, but I was so wrong. I hate admitting when I'm wrong but I have never been so wrong in my entire life. Just having someone made so perfectly for me is better than what I could've ever hoped for.

The day we arrived back home Axel moved into my room. We got to announce our new relationship status to our families, which was extremely awkward but I still wouldn't have had it any other way. My dad looked like he was going to have an aneurysm when I announced he was moving into my room too. However, our news was quickly put to shame when Everest and Valencia announced theirs in the cutest way possible.

Our assembly hall had been blocked off for about a week and only Scarlett was allowed to enter. Not even Valencia or Everest could enter. Mom and dad didn't quite understand but since she had rented it, she was allowed to have her way with it for the week. Suddenly, Saturday afternoon, a thick cream colored card appeared on our bed, that read

"Join us for a special evening in the assembly hall at 5pm Saturday, December 7th. Formal wear is required."

There was no signature anywhere. Axel and I contemplated on whether or not to go, but in the end, we decided to go.

Wearing a grey sweater dress with red over the knee boots, and a matching grey beanie, I was ready. Axel wore a red sweater to match my boots and plain dark jeans. Hand in hand, we started our trek over to the assembly hall ten minutes before 5pm. By the time we reached the building, the clock struck 5 exactly. Not wanting to waste anytime, we headed inside. My entire family sat inside, looking equally confused. The only missing members were Everest and Valencia. I greeted my grandfather cheerfully, and introduced Axel.

It had been almost a full year since I've seen him. I had never gotten the chance to meet my mom's mother, so my grandfather was on his own. He had lost his wolf years ago, but I'm not sure how or why. The next person I greeted was my grandmother, my dad's mom. Her mate is still alive, but is away for business. She had already met Axel plenty of times before and was not shocked to hear we were together.

Next, my eyes landed on Aria and Noah, and their twin daughters, Grace and Charlotte, who just turned 15. They had had a hard time getting pregnant, so their daughters were younger than me. However, Nessa and Christopher had their son, Dexter a few months after me. I pull him into a quick hug and introduce Axel. Him and Axel have always gotten along well in the past, so he was quite pleased to hear our news. I give Gracie and Charlie a pleasant hug as well. Gracie eyes Axel with her wide brown eyes. I swiftly introduce him as my mate to my extended family, followed by a squeeze from Axel's hand in mine.

Unfortunately, Angie and her mate, Lucas are not in attendance due to just having their third pup, a baby boy named Leo. Their oldest, fourteen year old Grayson and middle child, ten year old Hazel tried to attend, but ultimately was forced to stay with their family. Tyler brought his husband, William, and Tyler's sister Sophie, who is now 25 and her boyfriend, Jackson. Sophie and Jackson brought their little girl, who is getting ready to turn two years old, named Violet. My mom holds the baby majority of the time we spend in the assembly hall, gushing over how grown up Sophie is now.

My eyes scan the room with pride for my beautiful family. I realize that Wilfred is still missing, but I remember quickly that he is out helping others in need, in the human world. Being pulled from my thoughts, I hear Scarlett's familiar voice asking for everyone to be seated. Axel and I sit with his friends, Jasmine, Hunter and Garth. We watch the stage as Scarlett makes her way over to us, to sit next to her girlfriend, Jasmine. They're not mates, but still love each other greatly.