Chapter 26: Leave everything to me

"Rin, where are you going?"

Rin opened the window and climbed up to the roof. It's hard to fit in a small window but I still followed her. She's on the other side of the roof, crouching and covering her head with her hands.

"Rin, are you okay?"

"Someone help me. Someone help me. Someone help me!" Rin kept repeating those words and she's so scared

It's my first time seeing her like this unlike her usual energetic and always smiling behavior that I got used to. I hugged her in the back to comfort her.

"Rin don't worry. I will protect you. We can convince him to not let you transfer. I promise that."

"B-but what if he hurts you? I can't let something bad happen to you!" Rin cried

"Nothing's going to happen I promise that. We'll convince him not to transfer you then that's it. If we failed, I will keep trying until I convince him. Everyone is counting on us and I hope you believe in us as well"

Rin finally calmed down and stopped crying. "Thank you so much Ren-senpai. I will assist you with all I have."

**********

Rin's dad is on the living room, finally stopped rampaging and calmed down while drinking water that her mom gave to him. We slowly approached him and tried to convince him

"Rin, you're back? So you finally decided to stop wasting your time as a school idol?" Rin's dad asked

"Dad, I will not compete in the track and field tournament. I want to continue as a school idol." Rin said bravely but her hands is shaking

"Are you trying to disobey me? After all of that effort and those trophies you earned are going to waste if you continued that school idol thing that you want!" Her dad complained. He grabbed a kendo stick hanging from their wall. Rin fell down and lying on the floor, covering her head and tears are coming out in her eyes.

Her mom can't do anything as well because of fear. Her dad is about to hit her but I quickly blocked the hit with my back. The hit was so strong that the stick almost breaked. And it really hurts as well

"Who the heck are you?!" Her dad asked

"I'm her friend and her group's manager, I just can't stand here and do nothing while you just hurt her"

"Hmmm... If I'm not mistaken, you're that brat who's with Rin in that picture under her bed" Rin's dad said with curiosity and anger

"I-I guess so... Anyway, please don't let her transfer! We need Rin as a school idol. I swear her efforts as a school idol will never become a huge waste of time. She's a big part of the family of µ's"

"You're pretty tough kid. But I still won't allow what you want. Rin will transfer and that's it." Her dad shouted, "Besides I'm doing this for her sake anyway"

"For her sake like how? As her dad, you should listen to what she really wants. Not to decide what's good for her. It's true that she will grow as a tough person that will achieve many goals as what you want, but if she did that without the motivation to do it, it's all pointless!"

"Hey kid, let's go to the yard, I have to talk to you in private. Rin, go to your room now." Rin's dad went outside to their yard so I followed him just like what he wants.

"You know why I'm doing this for Rin?" He asked while staring at the bright moon

"T-to become a more dependable person and..."

"Wrong!" He didn't let me finish my sentence, "Back when she was still in kindergarten, she was always getting teased by her classmates as a boy because of her short hair and boyish actions. Even if she wears a skirt when going to her school, she's always getting teased and she ends up going back in the house just to change."