23

Harry
This is not working.

Ron
What?

Harry
Making them jealous, he doesn't like me anyways

Ron
Take him to the mirror of erised tonight.

Harry
What? I thought it got taken out of the castle in first year.

Ron
It was, but it's back now. Why? I don't know.

Harry
Why would I need to take him to the mirror anyways?

Ron
Just do it, alright?

Harry
Alright. Goodnight Ron.
———Switch———
Harry
Wake up

Harry
Are you there?

Harry
I said wake up!

Draco
I'm busy

Harry
Doing what? You don't look busy?

Draco
Ignoring you. It's 1AM.

Harry
Get out of bed. I want to show you something. And be quiet.

———
Both boys got out of bed and Draco followed Harry to the common room.

"What are we doing?" Draco asked.

"Be quiet, will ya?" Harry whispered. "We're sneaking out."

"We'll be caught. Where are we going anyways? Why me?"

"Shut up." Harry replied, throwing the Invisibility Cloak over him and Draco. "It's a bit cramped, but it will do. Now stay close or your feet will show. Then we will be caught."

They quietly snuck out into the corridors. They made a couple turns until they got inside an empty room. Harry grabbed the cloak and shoved it inside his jacket.

"You came here to show me this? An empty room? I'm leaving." Draco turned to leave.

"No, there's something in here." Harry replied, setting off in a different direction. He stopped in front of the mirror where he saw those he had lost and something new, Draco. Harry smiled at this.

"What? It's just a mirror."

"No, it's not. Try moving." Harry said. He lightly pushed Draco in front of the mirror. A confused expression crossed Draco's face.

"I don't get it."

"What do you see? In the mirror, I mean."

"What are you getting at? I see us, standing there. Just our reflections. Just like what you would see in any other mirror, you know, your own reflection."

Harry looked at Draco and smiled. "It's getting late. We better get back." He threw the cloak over them and they made their way back to the dorms.