26

I'm now adding dates at the beginning of the chapters so you guys can see how much time has passed. Unfortunately, I will not edit previous chapters to do so.
-
~Friday, October 9th~
Hermione had ran off to the Room of Requirement, and all the girls had ran after her. Harry just plopped down on his bed, buried himself under the covers, and was silent except for the occasional sniffle. It was nearly 11PM, and all the boys had fallen asleep in the common room to give Harry some space. He was the only one still up, writing notes for Potions class. He was only five minutes into writing notes when he heard footsteps coming up the stairs. He assumed it was just someone coming to get something so he put his open notebook to the side and pretended to be asleep. The door opened and closed again, and Harry heard someone sit down on a bed.

"Lumos." Said the voice. A light filled the room and Harry sat up.

"What are you doing?" He asked, picking up his notebook.

"Sorry to wake you, but I can't sleep down there." Draco said, looking down.

"I wasn't asleep anyways. I was writing some notes for Monday."

"It's only Friday! You're nuts!" Draco replied. Harry just shrugged at that. "I'm sorry about you and Hermione."

"It's fine, I could tell we weren't going to last." Harry sighed and threw his notebook under the bed. "Guess it wasn't, what do they say? Meant to be."

"I'm part of the reason you broke up," Draco confessed, not meeting Harry's eyes. "So were Pansy and Blaise."

"I know." Harry smiled.

"What do you mean?"

Harry sighed. "Now I have a story for you. Shut up and listen. Don't interrupt me. So we're 18 years old and still not in a relationship, which I will admit sucks. So me and Hermione, we pretended to date so that the people that we like would be jealous. Hermione overheard you guys talking about your plan and told me. We didn't really want to pretend to be boyfriend and girlfriend anymore since it was pretty obvious that we had already made them jealous, so it was the perfect oppurtunity. So we staged the fight and everything is back to normal. Yay."

"Who did you want to make jealous?" Draco asked.

"Nobody." Harry replied shortly. They sat in silence for a few minutes.

"Why did you take me to that mirror the other night?" Draco questioned.

Harry sat in silence for a minute, wondering what to say. He thought it would be strange to say 'oh, yeah, i wanted to know what you saw.' He then said, "I don't know, I was just bored."

"I don't believe you. I can tell, it's all in the eyes. Whether a person is lying or not, I mean."

"Hm. Ask me another day, it's getting late. Goodnight."

All the lights in the room went out, but both boys were awake thinking.