25

Long chapter!!! (In standards of this book)
Hermione
I can't keep this up much longer

Harry
I can. It's amusing

Hermione
I overheard the Slytherins talking. They said that they were going to text me from Ron's phone, then take mine and text back. And it would be like I was cheating on you to get us to break up. So they did it earlier.

Harry
Then that's how we're gonna get out of this. Everyone's in the dorms right?

Hermione
Yeah

Harry
K. Text Ron and tell him what's going on.

———
"Hermione! Get down here!" Harry yelled from the common room.
"Yes?" Hermione asked, making her way downstairs from the girl's dorm. A few heads had poked out of the doors.
"I heard from an unknown source," Harry said, "That you cheated on me." He pointed from Hermione to Ron, who was now coming down the stairs.
"Woah, I'm pretty sure Hermione didn't cheat on you with me." Ron began.
"Stay out of this, Ron!" Harry shouted. Ron went scrambling back up the stairs and could be heard whispering to the other boys. "Let me see your phone, Hermione."
"Why?"
"Because you should be able to prove it."
Hermione sighed and gave Harry her phone. "See! You were lying!"
"I'm not, I swear!"
"Hermione, tell the truth." Harry said calmly.
"I am! I promise!" Hermione stammered, looking at the ground. Everyone was watching by now.
"No, I don't want to hear it! You are lying. Why? I trusted you, Hermione."
"It's all a misunderstanding, please let me explain!"
"A misunderstanding?" Harry asked. "I understand it pretty well, and you're cheating. We're done."
With that, he stormed up the stairs and slammed the door.