27

~Saturday, October 10th~
Draco wanted to know what that mirror was. There was something abnormal about it, or else Harry wouldn't have shown him it. So he did the only thing he could think of, go to Dumbledore.

He knocked on the door to his office and heard a voice yell "Come in!" from the room. Draco stepped inside, closing the door behind him.

"Hello, Draco. Have a seat." Dumbledore said. Draco obeyed and sat down. "Is there anything concerning you?"

"Yes, actually. I figured you might know what I'm talking about." Draco responded.

"What would you like to ask?" Dumbledore was now sitting across from Draco.

"So, there's this uh, mirror. I found it while wandering around the castle, in an empty room. Nothing but the mirror, which confused me as it was. I was asked by... a friend what I saw. I just saw us standing there, like I would in any other mirror but that seemed to confuse them. Did they see something else?" Draco asked.

"Most likely, yes." Replied Dumbledore. "That mirror, Draco, is the Mirror of Erised."

"The mirror of what?"

"Erised. It shows your heart's deepest desire. For example, I see myself with... What do you kids say these days? Snazzy socks."

Draco smiled at that last part, although he was still confused. "So my heart's deepest desire is the friend that I went with?"

"That is correct." Dumbledore answered. There was another knock on the door. "That must be Professor McGonagall. She likes to start drama with the other cats at Hogwarts and then come and tell me about it. It's really quite amusing. Come talk to me later if you have any more questions."

Draco nodded and left Dumbledore's office.