32

~Saturday, October 17th~
"So which way is this barn and noggins?" Draco asked.

"It's Barnes and Noble, Draco. Get it right. Just follow me. I've apparated here by myself once, so I know where I'm going." Hermione replied, setting off down a street. "Wait, come here."

She slid into an alley and everyone followed. She searched through her bag and pulled out the cloak and muttered a spell. She smiled and shoved it back in her bag. "Come on, I know a shortcut."

Ron and Neville exchanged nervous looks and followed Hermione down the alley and back out into the busy streets. They walked about a block and they walked into a huge building.

"Hello, may I help you?" An employee asked with a flat voice.

"No thank you, just browsing." Luna responded, looking past the employee's head. "Ooh, that one looks interesting." She ran off to look at a book and everyone followed.

"They close in a little less than an hour," Hermione whispered when they were out of earshot. "We can hide under the cloak after we pay, which will be right before closing." Everyone nodded and went off to look at books.
-
"Have a nice day." The employee behind the counter called.

"You too!" Ginny yelled. The eight friends all walked outside and threw the cloak over themselves, which Hermione had adjusted so that it could fit over them. No one on the busy streets noticed this. When the next person walked out of the store, they went back in. They waited until everyone had left except one person. They locked the door and went into the back room. They followed him down some creaky steps and into a creepy looking basement. They walked past two stock rooms until they found a room that says 'KEEP OUT' on the door. The man entered and closed the door behind him.

"Damn." Blaise whispered so quietly it was barely audible. He looked at the ground. "Wait, that's his wand. So he's here for sure."

"I guess we have to wait for the man to come out." Pansy said.

"Which could take all night." Neville added.

"Then we'll wait."