Destiny

"Destiny, fate, call it what you will
I cannot escape you.
No matter how hard I try,
You force your way into my life
So much that I have to make room for you
Destiny, please don't ruin me "

Yuri sits on the park bench with moist, shimmery eyes as a cigarette dangles from his lips.

The bruise that covers half of his face will have to be covered up with concealer in the morning, but for now, he's content in letting it sit there.

The pain on his face mirrors the pain festering in his heart.

It's cold, and his jacket does little to help him, but it's what he ran out of the house in, and he refuses to go back to that fiery hell he is supposed to call home.

Suddenly, someone sits beside him.

He looks over with a scowl on his face at the intruder.

A girl with a smiling face and sad, sorrowful eyes stares back at him.

"Hello, Yuri."

"Who the fuck are you."

"Don't act like you don't know me. We've been going to school together since grade school. You used to see me daily."

"Leave me the fuck alone, Destiny."

"Okay." Is all she replies.

He eyes her from the corner of his eye warily, but she merely sits with him, staring at the empty park in front of them.

They sit like that, shivering in the cold October air together. They sit like that until the first rays of a dawning sun peak out over the treetops right in front of their shimmery eyes.