comfort

When you hold your tears
Sooner or later
The dam will break
And you will drown in the flood
Of your own mourning

The tears streamed down his face and Yuri felt a burning shame that started low, but grew to a roaring fire.

Destiny reached to hold him but he jerked away as his voice betrayed him and gave way to sobs that had been held in for a decade too long.

His heart beat erratically- too erratically to be healthy. He couldn't think- couldn't breathe. Was this what a broken heart felt like?

No, Yuri knows what that feels like. This is a feeling he had recessed for years. This was a wild uncontrollable feeling that Yuri didn't know how to stop.

Destiny reached for him again and he was too tired to pull away from her. Her soft fingers caressed his inky black hair as he unconsciously leaned into her embrace.

He hadn't felt her arms around him in so long he'd forgotten the comfort of someone who really loved you brought.

Oh how he missed that.

He pulled away from her after a while and wiped his tear-stained face. He looks down at the girl he once knew, the girl he once loved before his sister died, and kisses the top of her head.

"Thank you for believing in me. This is not your fault." Is the last thing he says before he leaves her forever.