Unbroken

Broken
Broken
Broken boy
-Charlotte Écrivain

She stares at him, and he glares at her. Destiny is made up of nothing but five feet and good intentions, but Yuri only sees the devil himself.

"You fucking bitch, didn't I tell you to stay away? Didn't I make that clear?"

She straightens her spine at the time of her voice. It does nothing for their vast height difference, but it speaks volumes  for her confidence.

"When have I ever listened to you Aleyuri?" She pauses to let her words sink. " and didn't you once tell me that was one thing you loved about me? You could never take me and that made me so different."

Both Yuri and Destiny hear the gasps of the increasing crowd of students, but neither care of their audience.

It's just the two of them, and they have a score to settle,

"Guess I am eating my words now. I can't believe I ever loved someone like you."

She stiffens, but doesn't show any other emotion. "So, you admit that you did once love me? Because if I recall, when Alysen died, you told me you never loved me."

Yuri narrows his eyes. "I've always been a good liar."

"Which conversation did you lie to me about?"

Yuri laughs bitterly. "You decide. Either way, you were my biggest mistake."

Ever since the death of his sister, Yuri has never felt bad about breaking girls hearts. However in that moment, as he watches Destiny's light brown eye  darken with tears and hurt, he feels the last shattered piece of his heart break.

As she turns and flees, pushing past the boards of people in her way, Yuri reaches out to grasp for her; his hand, merely reaching for the air she leaves behind, comes up empty, and with it, the last of his light is gone.

He single- handedly destroyed the last unbroken thing in his life.

Yeahhhhhhhh,
Deep