Busy lately

We keep busy
Because we like to forget
We keep busy
Because the devil is always at our back
And idle hands are the devils work

He goes home because that is the only thing he knows how to do.

When he reaches the shabby, one story house, he notices the driveway full of vehicles. His heart stops and he makes a plan to turn around and go somewhere else before his name is suddenly called.

"Yuri! Get your fucking ass over here, man!" A voice yells at him from his front yard. Yuri sighs and he feels is heart sink into his stomach. He heads toward the group of guys that just walked out his front door.

"Where have you been, Chico? You don't come around no more. What the hell is that all about?" Yuri grins uneasily up at the tatted teenager in front of him.

"Oh you know, been busy lately. Got a girl I was preoccupied with. I mean- we're over now- but I was busy."

The guy and his friends stare down at Yuri with suspicion. "You ain't, you know, tryna' back out of the gang or anything, right? We don't take lightly to those that pussy out."

Yuri's heart is beating furiously but he forces himself to look collected on the outside. "Who the fuck you trying to threaten, Hernadaz? If I said I was busy, then I was fucking busy, okay? Besides, I know the rules."

Hernadaz narrows his eyes but backs up. "Yeah, man. Chill the hell out. We was just asking. Maybe you should show your face around the gang more and people will stop talking."

Yuri stands to his full height. He knows he's imitating. They know he's imitating and that he's pretty lethal when he wants to be.

"Next time you hear them talking, direct them towards me. Whatever they need to say they can say it to my face. That way all the shit they talking can be shoved back down their throat." With that, he brushes past the giant teen before entering his house.

His house is full of gang members and he knows his father is somewhere in the middle of all them.

He doesn't care where his father is, he just wants to find his mother.