Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Six months later...

Life ends but pain is endless. At least that's what I've seem to learn in the past six months. Running my company internationally has been a hassle to say the least. But time away has done me more than well. Unfortunately for me, its time to go back to reality.

"Mrs. Alsan, we are landing."

I just nod at the pilot. I've always hated riding helicopters, but today it was neccessary.

The door opened and I was helped down. My team waited to greet me.

"Welcome back, Mrs. Alsan." My personal assistant greeted.

"Thank you, Andrea. Tell me what we have for today after this meeting."

I continued to walk through the double doors while she reviewed my schedule and the others followed. "Well, we have a meeting at Verdell enterprises with all the Executives. Then we have a press conference regarding the Fashion line collaboration with Francis Couture. After that you are free just as you requested. Oh, here is the envelope you asked for."

"Very well. Thank you, Andrea." I take the envelope from her waiting hands.

I let my team follow me to the elevator and onto the floor below. Six months. Six months. Six months. I repeat to myself. It may be a long time but it seems just like yestrday where I made a choice I couldn't go back on.

Ding.

The elevator doors opened. I heard Andrea stopping everyone from following. As far as assistants go, she's the best.

I pass the secretary desk not bothering myself with introductions. Everyone already knew who I was. And if they didn't They surely now know through the tabloids that have dragged my name on countless headlines. They've have  been reporting non stop of a little scandal of a certain someone who should've known his place.

"Mrs. Alsan? You're back so soon-" I ignore the male assistant of the man I want to strangle. I tried to pass him to get through the doors, but he blocks me.

"Let me through." I warned him, eyeing the nerdy attire he wore.

"Mrs. Alsan, right now is not the right time. Let me go ahead and schedule an appointment-"

I raised my eyebrow already irritated. "An appointment? John step aside." I laugh without an humor and push him aside a little too roughly.

"Mrs. Alsan!" He calls out as I open the double doors to the office.

So it's true. I stare at the two them in front of me. Her blouse is unbuttoned and her skirt has ridden up as she hops off the desk. His tie was loosely hanging around his neck. messy hair, swollen lips, a few hickeys making their appearance. It was pretty obvious the intentions here.

I smiled politely at them. "I'm sorry. Am I interrupting something here?" I said sarcastically.

Her blush was one of embarrassment. Most women wouldn't be so demure, but I'm also guessing she wasn't a typical golddigger either.

"I better go." She whispered enough for all of us to hear.

"Good idea." I responded. She kept her head down as she rushed pass me and out the doors.

"Veronica, wait!" He tries to follow her.

I intercept in front of him, my hand on his chest. "We need to talk."

He pushed pass me and followed her. Again, I'm ignored.

I rolled my eyes.

John, his secretary, stands stupefied at the door. Clearly he's in an uncomfortable position. "Mrs. Alsan, would you like some coffee? Water? Something to eat perhaps?"