Chapter 21

"Where are we?" I take Omer's hand as he helps me out the car.

"We're in Kaş." He waved the driver off. I let him take me inside.

The house was regular. Nothing too special other than the pool and ocean view. Everything was precise and screamed luxury and modern just like I knew Omer liked it.

I set my purse down on the sofa. The view was nice. It was barley after 3pm. And the sun was shinging through the ceiling high windows.

"Domaine Leroy or Domaine de la Romanée-Conti?"

I turned around and narrowed my eyes at him playfully. "Always Domaine Grand Cru." It's law. No woman can ever turned down a 20,000 bottle of wine.

I took off my coat and fixed the straps of my top. I made myself comfortable on the sofa.

Omer reappeared and handed me my wine glass. He took a snip of, what I believe to be, his whiskey before sitting down next to me.

"So what exactly are we doing here?" I decided to break the silence.

He just took another snip and then leaned his arms on his knees. "Getting away." I showed my confusion. He took a deep breath before continuing. "Sometimes when I want to get away from everything Alsan. I come here. The locals know who I am, but they don't treat me differently than they would their neighbors. They've watched me grow up here and never told anyone anything. I feel at peace here." He finished.

"I thought you grew up in London?"

"This was before London. My parents bought this house when they were on their honeymoon. It became their favorite destination to come to. The people here are united and there's almost never newcomers that move here so everyone knows everyone. We used to live here five months out of the year. After we moved to London it became three months. Then when we moved to Florida we rarely visited. That is until a couple of years ago. I came back and forth constantly."

"So this is your secret place in a way."

"It is."

I took around look around. "Well it feels like home. I'm guessing you remodeled it?"

"I did. My parents turned this house into a beach villa with all these crazy colors. I expanded it and turned it into a more contemporary appeal. Too many bright colors in a room give me a headache."

I laughed at that. "I shockingly feel the same way. I sware if I see another gold piano in my life-"

"It's blinding. Those shine more in person."

"Yes! They do. I don't understand why it's so common in homes nowadays."

"It's a status flaunt than anything else."

"I guess." I said. "So, you grew up here. What do you do here now?"

"Depends. Most of the time I stay inside. Occasionally take a walk. Other times I snorkel, or fish."

"You fish?" I asked shocked. "Like real fishing?" He nods. "I don't see it."

"Well, I do, on occasion."

"Wow. I've never been fishing."

"Never?"

"No." I shook my head. "I had a friend in college once who used to go camping with her family every year in North Carolina. She mentioned how she would fish or hunt what they would eat for dinner that night. No cellphone service, no cabin. Just them, nature, and pure survival instincts. Made me realize that I've never done things like that. My parents weren't really anything below five star friendly."