Chapter 12

My eyes opened wide. I sat up looking down at myself. I'm still wearing my blue gown. My hands immediately reached for my neck. The Winter's Blue Queen necklace? Where is it?

"They took it back." Omer answers as he enters the room, fixing his tie. "Günaydın."

"What does that mean?" I ask.

"It's turkish. Means good morning."

"Oh. I didn't know you spoke turkish."

"I'm turkish." The file I had them pull on him didn't mention him being Turkish. He was born in London, but his family lived in Palm beach their entire lives. I guess I should've been more precise with my team in researching his background heritage.

"I didn't know." I slowly got off the bed. I knew this wasn't my room, so it must be his. I was thankful for him leaving my gown on. Although I would've appreciated it of he just took it completely off. This corset is killing me.

"I'm going to the office. I'll drop you off on the way." I nod. He just maneuvers around unbothered. I'm very bothered though. My mind is racing. Last night he kissed me. He said I was his. Normal people would talk about this. It seems like Omer was far from normal. He just continues his life like he just didn't completely confuse mine.

I followed him out the mansion doors. Looking around I knew his taste were very similar to mine. Alot of people in our society prefer dramatic victorian mansions with gold pianos and enormous classic chandeliers. I, on the other hand, enjoy luxury contemporary looks. I always felt that neutral colors, like black, white, and grey is always best for a modern home. His home does look great, but the lack of personalized items is noticeable.

The chauffer happily opened the back door. I slid in next to Omer. His concentration was on his phone the whole ride there. Constantly talking or texting. I wanted to talk to him, but I figure it's better not to until he brings it up himself.

I was dropped off in silence. No wave, no goodbye. As the car sped away I knew if I wanted to get answers to my questions he would have to willingly give them to me. I never met a man like him. So unorthodox. I quickly changed to a nice low cut blazer suit. I usually don't wear nonconservative outfits to the office, but I have to meet Zana later on today. I know for a fact that paparazzi are going to surround the venue for the fashion show like crazy.

I have given Marcus the day off today. So I had to drive myself to the office. To say it was flooded was putting it lightly. The building secruity guards had to escort me out of my car and into my own company. I have never had this much press attack my workplace. Questions about Omer and Veronica were being thrown at me from all different directions. It did look bad. I arrived to the Summons mintues before him yet he was walking the red carpet with his ex-fiance. It didn't good at all.

I made my way up to be surprised by Tina waiting in my office. "Oh, good you're finally here."

"I'm always here, Tina." I inform her as I sit down behind my desk.

"No, time for chidder chatter. The media is going crazy right now. Why did your husband take his ex to the summons? You know how bad this looks right? I can't even think right now." Her phone constantly vibrates in her hand. "My phone has been blowing up all morning. We need to make a statement now."

"Tell them what I told the guests yestrday. I didn't want to go, and I decided to let Veronica accompy him. Simple."

"No one is going to buy that. Cora."

"Then what do you suggest?"

"We can always say she's the mistress. You know that never affects the men in the equation, and you would be looked as the distraught wife."