Chapter 9

I knew ignoring Omer for the last couple of days was coming to an end. It was fun while it lasted.

"You know if your going to break into my penthouse and sit there for hours waiting for me to wake up, the least you can do is order breakfast." I say as I pour myself a glass of orange juice.

He stands on the other side of the kitchen counter, clearly bothered by the fact that he even has to be here. "Why didn't you answer my calls?" He places his hands inside his pockets. You know wearing a suit so early in the morning should be a crime. How is that even remotely comfortable.

"Dead phone." I shrugged. We both knew I was lying.

"Your phone was dead for four days?"

I blink innocently. "Are you suggesting that I've been ignoring you? Because if you are," I place my empty glass on the sink, "you're right." I turn around to leave, but his hand grabs my arm and turns me around. Losing my footing I bump hard into his chest.

I look up at him as he looks down at me. Our thoughts silent, but our eyes fighting. I could feel the stinging on my arms and hands. Clearly from the pressure of being pressed against him. It make me wince. He quickly let's go. I just memorize his features with curiosity as he lifts my long sleeves up to take a look. You can clearly see my minor wounds healing. The stitches on my hands need to be taken out today. They did heal, but if you tug at the medical thread it burns slightly.

"How did this happen to you?"

I pulled my arm away. "Didn't you read my official statement? I tried to move my glass table, but I slipped and fell."

"You don't have a glass table."

I really should've thought about that one. Him having access to my place, he could clearly tell I lied.

"Was it him?"

I rolled my eyes knowing who he was refering to. "Charles had nothing to do with this. I'm sticking with my story. Now if you don't mind I would like to hibernate for the next fifteen hours." 

I heard him murmur under his breath, but I didn't stay long enough to find out what it was. He could escort himself out.

I tossed and turned in bed. I can't seem to find a comfortable position to sleep in. I hear the bing of the elevator and I sit up. Is he just leaving? Or is someone coming? I frown and make my way towards the living room.

My eyes widen in surprise. Omer stands in front of four large men in black suits. I couldn't even register what they were saying until omer says, "I expect constant updates."

"What is going on here?" I ask. "Don't you have a house to invite your friends over to?"

His hard eyes meet mine. "Meet your new secruity team."

I blink rapidly, stunned. "My what?" He doesn't bother to repeat himself as he turns his back to me to continue his orders. "You're going to have me followed?" I interupted before he started.

"Yes."

"And who died and gave you authority? Because it sure wasn't me."

"I took the liberty."

I laugh. This must be a joke. "You're kidding right?" He ignored me and continued to talk to his men. He instructed them to keep him updated every hour on my activities. To inform him anyone I see, and anywhere I go. Also whatever I do. And apparently this will be around the clock. I couldn't keep quiet anymore. "Are you crazy? Why would I want them to follow me where ever I go?"

"It's not about what you want." He dismisses. "Until I can trust you, they stay."

"Trust me? Are you serious? What have I done to you?"