Chapter 26

I woke up with a smile on my face. For the first time ever I wake up to Omer sleeping cozily beside me. I run my finger up and down his chest. His sleep state is so peaceful, it makes him look like a child. I can't believe I never saw that before. My mother would always tell me that when we slept it took years off of our appearance. I smiled at the memory. I used to think she was crazy, but looking at him I know she was right.

I pressed my lips lightly to his. That didn't even wake him up. I decided to just let him sleep. I took his dress shirt from the floor and slipped it on. I quietly closed the door behind me and made my way to the top deck where the kitchen was. I almost jumped in joy when I saw the Keurig coffee maker.

"Thank the coffee God on this day for your mercy." I joked to myself. The sun was shining from all directions. I took my mug of coffee and stood at the edge. The sun was beaming hot. The tall buildings seem closer than last night. The water is calm. It just feels so relaxing. I took a sip of my drink, letting that and the sun warm me up.

I smiled widely at nothing in particular. Everything seems so perfect.

"Günaydın." I heard the voice on my ear. It made me jump so high that it send my mug flying as I fell into the water.

I swam to the surface with a deadly glare. "What the hell?" I yelled at him.

"So it's my fault you fell in?" He laughed at me. He had the audacity to laugh at me.

"You scared me. So, yes it's your fault! Now I'm wet again."

He grins at my complaint. It was clear that he didn't find me imitating at all. I probably looked like a wet sea lion to him right now. "Come." He held is hand down. "I'll help you up." I reluctantly took his hand. He pulled me up like I was some kind of light feather.

I gave him my famous glare and pointed my finger at him in warning. "Don't. You. Dare. Laugh." I pushed past him and made my way back to the bedroom. I shut the door in his face, and ignored the knocks. "Go away." I yelled out.

My clothes from yesterday is still wet so that was out of the list of options. I went into the small closet and saw a few dress shirts. I took the darkest one and put it on. It covered all the neccessary parts. That's what mattered.

I felt the boat move so I made my way up to the top deck again. I saw Omer navigate the boat to the docks, so I didn't disturb him. I laid down on the sofa and closed my eyes taking in the sun. I really hope it dries my hair. The last thing I needed was to get sick from yesterday's and today's splash around.

After what seemed like a while, I felt the boat stop moving. I closed my eyes from the glare of the sun as Omer came into my view. He looked annoyed and bothered.

"What happened?" I asked him curiously.

"Let's go. Keep your head down. And stay close to me."

"Omer-", I was interrupted by the calling of my name followed by flashes of cameras. Paparazzi. How did they even find us?  Omer put his arm around me, covering me as much as he could. I heard the questions being thrown from all directions as we stepped off the boat.

Cora! Can you tell us anything about Charles Blair's attack on you?

Did you have an form of brain injury?

Is it true you took out a retraining order on Charles Blair?

How do you feel about being attacked by your ex-hisband?

Omer? How do you feel about your wife being attacked?

I don't think they had the capability to shut up. We were being bombarded from left to right. One of them reach out to grab my arm, trying to get my attention, but Omer shove him. "Don't touch her." He warned. There's something about Omer that demanded instant authority because they actually listened.