Forward

I'm going to be honest, I never thought for a minute back in 2010 that a show like My Little Pony Friendship is Magic would become super popular. Well, it's been 7 years, and lo & behold, the show is going strong, with a following that could rival Trekkies, tons of toys, clothes, and spinoffs, and even a theatrical movie! I never thought I would end up liking the show, but before you ridicule me, hear me out. My sister basically got me into the show. And it all started out from curiosity when I found out one of my favorite voice actresses, Tara Strong, was voicing one of the characters. I at first assumed she voiced Pinkie Pie since it would seem likely due to her trademark voice Bubbles. Nope, she was voicing Twilight Sparkle, the main protagonist. Maybe it also helped that the developer's husband was the same man behind Powerpuff Girls. Anyway, the show has been interesting enough for me to watch with my sister, and I've learned a lot more about the show. Twilight Sparkle is basically my favorite character. And I also got hooked on books in which Equestria Girls crosses over with Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Two of my favorite ships are TwilightNardo and MikeyPie. Anyway, I wanted to try something that's out of my comfort zone. The title is a reference to the song of the same name from Nightmare Before Christmas. I love that movie! Now why did I add Mr. Potato Head? The idea of him being on the show would be a hilarious concept I'd love to see. Of course, he won't be like the Toy Story version. The villain Dark Heart is a reference to the Care Bears Villain of the same name that I decided to make fun of, because let's face it, it's a clichéd name, and that's the joke. And in case Dark Heart is a little similar to Tirek, I apologize. Developing Twilight's potential love interest was an interesting development to say the least. I even thought of making him as either an Alicorn or a younger brother of a Tom Cruise spoof. Tom Hooves would be the brother's name. I named Garrett after the same character from Quest For Camelot. And in case you're wondering, yes, ravenfox95 did draw the cover. This is the second time she's drawn a cover for me, and the second time she's drawn an original character that I've developed. I drew some of the characters. I'd like to dedicate this story to her, the MLP fans, and every Brony out there. Very special thanks to Carla Sanchez and my sister for their consulting and suggestions that really helped shape this story so that it would be as accurate as possible, and keeping it grounded so I wouldn't go into overkill territory. This one's for you, Carla. And I love you sis. Also a big dedication to Tara Strong.

TG