New Pony in Town

Meanwhile in Ponyville, a few days later,  a new male unicorn that was 15 years old walked into town. His coat was a bright amber, and his mane and tail was a fiery color of red and yellow. His eyes were cyan. His cutie mark was a single music note. This represented his passion for music, whether it be singing, instruments, etcetera, etcetera.

This stranger walked around Ponyville until he saw the Castle where he assumed one of the princesses resided there

This stranger walked around Ponyville until he saw the Castle where he assumed one of the princesses resided there. He then walked to the castle until he was out in the front of the castle. He used his right hoof to knock on the door. Twilight's assistant, Spike then opened the door and looked up at the mysterious unicorn.

"Hi there," said the young dragon, who thought this unfamiliar unicorn looked a lot like Sunset Shimmer

"Hi there," said the young dragon, who thought this unfamiliar unicorn looked a lot like Sunset Shimmer. "Hello," said the male unicorn, "may I please speak with one of the princesses?" His voice was somewhat deep and husky, for someone that looked like he was in his adolescence. Like, he could do various vocal ranges. "Oh, uh sure, I can look for her right now," replied Spike, "come on in." The unicorn nodded and entered, closing the door behind him. Spike then walked over to where Twilight was in the library, reading a book to lift her spirits. Spike cleared his throat as he said, "Uh, Twilight?" Twilight turned around and said, "yes Spike?"

"There's someone here to see you," said Spike, "and he looks a lot like Sunset Shimmer." Twilight gave a look of surprise as she put her book down. "Sunset Shimmer?" she asked, "How is that possible?" She followed Spike to where this Sunset Shimmer lookalike was. Meanwhile, the Unicorn was looking around, humming to himself. When Twilight saw him, she whispered, "Gee Spike, you're right, he does look a lot like Sunset Shimmer..." She quietly walked over to him and cleared her throat. This got his attention as the unicorn turned around, his cyan eyes looking into Twilight's violet eyes. They looked at each other, and it's as if something connected between the two, a spark Twilight never felt when she first met Flash. In the Unicorn's mind, the song you see up above you was playing in his head.

"Uh, I'm sorry," said Twilight, taken aback at how cute he was, "are you looking for the princess?" The unicorn cleared his throat, snapping back to reality. "Yes," he said, "would you happen to know where she is?" Was he blushing? He'd never done that before. "Well, you're looking right at her," joked Twilight, "my name is Princess Twilight Sparkle." He looked at her, thinking she was the most beautiful Alicorn he'd ever laid eyes upon. He humbly bowed as he said, "your highness, I'm honored to meet you." Twilight blushed as she said, "Heh, you don't need to bow. Please, call me Twilight." He stood up. "Very well, Twilight it is. Oh, where are my manners?" he said, "My name is Garrett Shimmer." Now this threw Twilight for a loop. The uncanny resemblance was coincidental enough, but now the name that was all too familiar? Probably more than just a coincidence. Now if you think Twilight was gonna be all...

Think again. But it did make Twilight ask, "Uh... Shimmer? You wouldn't happen to know anyone of the name Sunset Shimmer, would you?" She looked at Garrett. "Actually yeah," replied Garrett, "she's my sister."