Talking with the Mane 6

"Would you like some tea?" asked Fluttershy as she looked at Garrett. "Yes, please," replied Garrett as he sat in a table with Twilight's friends. Twilight felt like she needed to discuss all of this with her friends. Fluttershy served Garrett a cup of tea that she made, pairing with cookies that Pinkie Pie made. "Thank you, thank you very much." Garrett kindly said as he took a sip from his tea. "I must say darling, it's nice to see there's another unicorn here," said Rarity as she smiled. "I can agree with that," said Garrett as he smiled warmly. "What brings ya to Ponyville?" asked Applejack. Twilight nodded as she said, "We'd like to know more about you." The rest nodded.

"Well, where do I begin?" said Garrett, "some of you may know that Sunset Shimmer is my sister. I'm basically her younger brother. Me being the little brother and all, Sunny, as I liked to call her, would always protect me. She was a lot of things to me. She was my protector, my mentor, and my best friend. I looked up to her. She's basically the only family I got left. Any of you know what that's like?" Applejack sadly nodded as she said, "yeah, I know what that's like." The others nodded, also relating to either looking up to an older sibling, or being the older sibling that became the protector/second mother for the youngling in the family. Garrett sighed, then said, "When my sister was chosen to become Princess Celestia's student, I was overjoyed! Though it meant she'd have to leave home. But she promised that she'd write to me. We kept in touch for a couple years, when suddenly, the letters just stopped. I don't know why. It's like, my sister dropped off the map. That's one of the main reasons I came to Ponyville. I wanted to reach out to Princess Celestia or her sister Princess Luna or even Twilight to see if they could help me find my sister." Twilight looked at her five friends, and the Mane Six huddled up to talk.

"Should we tell him?" whispered Twilight as she looked to her friends for advice. "We should probably tell him the truth," whispered Fluttershy, "it's better that he knows." The others agreed, and then went back to their seats. "We know where your sister is!" blurted Pinkie Pie. Garrett perked up and said, "She's alive? Where?" Twilight then said, "Well, a few years back, your sister was supposed to become one of the next princesses. However, no offense, your sister didn't have the patience or the temperament to receive the crown just yet..."

"Oh, none taken," said Garret, "usually my sister was a bit of a spitfire. But she usually got mad if someone were to hurt me. Call it a protective motherly instinct." He slightly chuckled a bit. "Well, when your sister was denied the crown she thought she would receive," continued Twilight, "she went to another dimension far different from the one we know." Garrett was stumped. "So that's why I didn't hear from her?" asked Garrett. Twilight nodded and also explained how Sunset stole her crown and wanted to use it, overwhelmed by the powerful magic within it, but with the help of some new friends and the magic of friendship, Sunset was able to see the error of her ways. "She's one of the good guys now," said Pinkie Pie. This once again stumped Garrett. He was silent for a few minutes. He couldn't believe his own sister, who would gladly protect him from harm, would do all of this! But, no matter what, he loved his sister, and could forgive her. "I'm sorry you had to find out this way..." Twilight softly said.

"Another reason I came to Ponyville was because of my Cutie Mark," explained Garrett, "you see, I'm passionate about music. I usually love to sing. When my sister left, I felt like a part of me was gone. But, the music helped me get out of whatever blues I was feeling. No offense, Rainbow Dash." Rainbow Dash smirked and said, "none taken." Garrett continued, "Anyway, someone from Ponyville was impressed with my singing, and told me that one of the basses from the Ponyville Choir was retiring. Said I should join the choir due to my impressive range. And that's also why I'm here."

"I bet you're a real good singer," said Pinkie Pie, "I'm sure you'll do well." Garrett smiled, and said, "All compliments aside, I would give anything to see my sister again." He looked down silently. "I think I can arrange with that," said Twilight.