A Wink and A Smile

After a few weeks, Garrett decided to try his first date with Twilight. Thankfully, Twilight's brother and Mr. Potato Head gave him good advice on dating. He got ready, and then walked to the castle where Twilight was, knocking on the door. Twilight answered the door this time, and smiled. "Hey Beautiful," said Garrett. "Hey Handsome," said Twilight as she smiled at her boyfriend. "I got you flowers," said Garrett as he lifted up flowers for Twilight. "That's so sweet of you," she said as she gently took them, sniffing them. "Shall we?" asked Garrett. "We shall," said Twilight as he took her to where their date was to be at. They then stopped at a park where the date was set. It consisted of a picnic of Twilight and Garrett's favorite foods and drinks, with a  blanket and silverware. There was even ice creams of their favorite flavors. And a piano nearby. Twilight was amazed by all of this. "Did you do all this yourself?" asked Twilight as she looked at the date area. "Well, I had a lot of help." Garret humbly admitted, thanking Mr. Potato Head, Shining Armor, and Discord for their help in his mind. "I did however cook the dinner, Pinkie helped me with that," said Garrett. "I thought it smelled good," said Twilight as she smiled at Garrett. They then enjoyed their dinner. Afterwards, Garrett then went to the piano.

"I got another surprise for you," said Garrett as he sat on the stool, and started playing a song on the piano. [Don't question the logic of fingerless hooves playing on a piano.] "I remember the days, of just keeping time, of hanging around in sleepy towns forever," sang Garrett, "Backroads empty for miles." Twilight smiled as she listened to him sing. "Well you can't have a dream, and cut it to fit, but when I saw you I knew we'd go together, like a wink and a smile." Garrett continued to sing as he flirtatiously winked at Twilight, "Leave your old Jalopy by the railroad track. We'll get a hip, double dip, tip toppy Two Seat Pontiac. So you can rev her up, and don't go slow, it's only green lights and alright, let's go together with a wink and a smile." As Garrett continued to play on the piano, Twilight sighed dreamily. She was happy to have him in her life. Garrett continued to sing, "Now my heart is music, such a simple song. Sing it again, the notes never end, this is where I belong. Just the sound of your voice, the light in your eyes, we're so far away from yesterday together, with a wink and a smile. We go together, like A Wink and A Smile..." As soon as Garrett finished singing his song for Twilight, who was moved to tears of joy, he got off the piano.

"I love you Twilight Sparkle," said Garrett. "And I love you too Garrett Shimmer," replied Twilight as she then kissed Garrett on the lips. He kissed back, embracing her. And they both  lived happily ever after.

"A Wink and A Smile" Written by Marc Shaiman and Ramsey McLean, performed by Harry Connick Jr. from Sleepless in Seattle, distributed by TriStar Pictures

The End