A fierce warrior

Poppy's POV:

Today's the day, I've been practicing for a long time now and I'm confident enough to tryout for the girls tennis team.
With the support of my friends, I know I can accomplish anything I put my mind and heart into.
I know if I'm serious about something and want it, it will be mine.
It was a beautiful day, as it was the afternoon after classes.
I have to admit I was nervous about this but also quite excited.

"P-o-p-p-y she might be a small size but she'll be the best out of all you guys!"
Lulu was singing cheerfully to well cheer me on as she clapped her hands together with a huge smile she always wears on her face.
"Oh wait, I mean girls! But that messes up my little song!"
She moped about it, as she seemed to be thinking of other rhymes.
"I appreciate the support Lulu."
I told her kindly as we were walking to the tennis court. Soraka; well Lulu's friend came along after Lulu insisted so much.
I don't know what to think of her but I don't want to give it much thought right now.

What I want to do is give it everything I got!

We arrived in the tennis court at our school as I noticed the other girls, there.
"I'll be watching your every move Poppy! I know you'll be amazing and all that practice will pay off!"
Lulu said happily as she handed to me a little poppy flower.
"I picked it up yesterday, thinking of you as I wished and hope you'd do your very best today! It's a good luck charm."
Lulu explained to me, I placed the flower in my hair.
"That looks so good on you!....Poppy is so cute! Right Soraka?"
Lulu complimented me as she switched her focus to Soraka making her startle.
"Y-yes"
She stuttered which gave me a small smile.  Lulu gave me a small hug before she left with Soraka to stand with the crowd of other students to watch the tryouts.
I made way to the tennis court.
I'm ready, this is what I've been working hard for.

"Alright, everyone! Welcome girls. We know why we're all here for the tennis tryouts. We can only have up to fifteen of you on the team well there is quite a lot of you."
The tennis couch started to say. She was a woman and seemed very athletic and serious.
I already liked her.
"As the couch, I will be evaluating all of you based on your skills,challenge match result, attitude and effort but also your potential. You will play a match against another player that is also trying out. We will go strictly by your performance in the game. I will take the top fifteen best, so best of luck everyone."
She finished to say as we all clapped our hands as a group.

The girls were trying out in alphabetical order which mean I have to wait until the letter 'P'.
I quietly stood on the side with the rest of the girls and stretching but also observing everyone's capability with the sport. Some were wonderful as I could see the determination in their eyes as they played.
It was quite exceptional. I have to admit I felt a bit intimidated seeing how good the others seem.
I turned to look at the crowd as Lulu waved at me with a huge smile making me forget my worries. It took a while but they called my name.

"Poppy!"
The coach said with power in her voice. I sprinted to her as quickly as I could and stood up tall in front of her and kept eye contact. She smiled at me.
"You will be facing.. Riven!"
She announced as I noticed a girl with short white hair approached us jogging over.
Riven seemed calm, collected but mostly confident about her approach.