Light Bringer

Jinx's POV:

~A few days later

"Alright, class who can simplify -13x + ( -7x) +5x ?"

Miss Laurent asked, as her eyes were looking over at all the students who had their hand raised to answer the question.
She pointed at the very question on the board waiting for more hands to raise until I finally decided I could answer it.

I hesitantly raised my hand to answer. The teacher's attention turns to me.
Of course, I would stand out.

"Yes, Jinx?"

She says crossing her arms in a monotone voice. I'm sure she's expecting me to make a sarcastic or rude remark but y'know what? Today's not that day.

"Well it's pretty easy actually since all of your factors are the same soo.. the answer would be: '-15x' right?"

I answered.
I felt all eyes were on me as the students in the class were dumb founded that I actually cared, let alone paid attention to the lesson in front of me.
I don't blame them, I'm quite surprised at myself too.

"Hmm, well you're correct Jinx. Nice to have you participating!"

Miss Laurent praised me with a genuine looking smile looking as shocked as everyone else that I  actually cared. And for once I liked not being scolded by a teacher.

I could feel Lux's eyes over my shoulder flashing me a smile.
Before, I could react the bell suddenly goes off signaling everyone to stand from their seat to pack their bags and unfold their lunches.

"Hey!"

Lux beamed as she approached me with that smile never leaving her face.

"Hey Lux."

I responded, she hands me over a packed bento.
I widened my eyes in shock and confusion at her action.

"The bento is for you! Ekko told me you loved curry so I made some for you since.. I noticed you don't always have lunch to bring to school."

She said sweetly. That was nice of her.  She didn't have to do something like this for me.
Why would she cook for me, anyways?
I've never done anything for her..

"Th-thanks Lux. Sorry, I don't have anything for you..."

She laughed in response and shook her head.

"Don't be silly, Jinx! I made the bento for you because you're my friend!"

She exclaimed.
I couldn't help but smile back at her.
It meant a lot to me that she cared enough to get out of her way to do something like this.
It's nice to have a friend like her again.
It's almost like when my childhood friend shared her lunch with me.
That kindness.. I forgot what it's like.

What I'm trying to say is.
I'm happy I finally have a friend and that friend is Lux.

"Luxy! Jinxy! We're here!"

Lulu cheered from the entrance of the classroom then rushed inside to hug our legs tightly.
I didn't like physical contact but whatever.
I can't argue with her.

Janna followed calmly behind as that shy girl with the green hair stayed in the back.
Lulu was already hugging Poppy like her life depended on it.

They all sat together like usual unfolding their lunch.
I sighed looking over at all the girls. I didn't really like them, but I felt a lot more accepted into the group for the most part and that was good enough for me.

"Aren't you joining us Jinx?"

Janna asked while she looked over at me.

"Yeah! Please eat with us!"