All Together Now!

Jinx's POV:

I parted my lips as I was about to tell something to Lux but it wasn't long before Lux's stupid friends show up, landing gently on their feet as they descend from flight.

"Thank the stars, you're okay!"

Janna said approaching Lux cupping her cheeks looking at her like a worried mother would look at his child if they got hurt, quickly pulling her into a hug.

The other two ran towards the girl and followed Janna's action, embracing Lux as a group.

"Great"

I murmured sarcastically under my breath.
I've been in this situation before. Seeing everyone getting along with each other hugging out and being friends.
But, I always had to stand on the side and silently watch.
I never could be a part of the group and something about this Star Guardian thing tells me it's no different.

"We were seriously worried about you!"

Poppy claimed as I could see her tighten her grips around Lux's waist.

"Yeah! Really! Really! Reallyyy-"

Lulu effused, leaving me annoyed at her stretching of the word and overall squeakiness to her voice.
I couldn't help but notice the grin on Lux's face.
It must be nice to have people care about you....

I ran my hand through my hair and let out a sigh which gained the attention of the child of the group. She looked up over at me sympathetically with her large eyes.
I could've sworn I saw a spark in her eye. Her eyes were actually gigantic!
You could see the entire galaxy if you looked into them.
She actually looked kinda cute when she wasn't talking...

Lulu lets go of Lux's legs as she skipped over and hugged mine instead.

"What the hell are you doing?"

I huffed as I try to escape her tiny arms from being wrapped around my legs.

"You looked like you needed a hug! You looked so sad!"

She cooed.
I kept trying to get her away from me, but she just wouldn't give up!
The more I tried to get away the tighter she held onto my legs. Can't she take a hint?
I don't want to be touched. What the hell's up with her?

"Hey! I'm fine, I don't need a damn hug. Let go!"

I growled at her, as she finally lets me go and runs back behind Poppy as if she's a shield protecting herself from me.
Naturally, Poppy looks back at me with that same deadly stare she always shoots at me.
Not my fault, she's all clingy.
I just rolled my eyes and looked away, crossing my arms together.

"Lux, I'm sure glad nothing too serious has happened to you."

Janna said, putting a hand on Lux's shoulder looking down at her sweetly.

"Alright, we get it! We need to stop being so over dramatic. It's not like Lux was going to die or anything!"

I raged. I mean seriously. Sheesh! I don't know why but these girls really grind my gears.

"Actually, that's where you're wrong.
You see, when a new Star like Lux herself here channels too much power within her in such little time...
She reaches a point where her body fails to function properly anymore and the worst possible scenario could've resulted in death
....actually."

Janna explained.
I swallowed my own words, this time. Feeling like a huge jerk.
This was pretty damn serious. I didn't realize!
Yeah, I was worried about Lux but I didn't think it was that damn serious!
Of course, I'd never admit to the others that I was.
Wait. W-why do I actually feel the need to apologize? I never say sorry.
That's not a very Jinx thing to do.