sixteen: the bad news

Scarlett

My heart was in my mouth as I rushed out of the elevator to see Mr. Foster talking withe the doctor.

"D-Doctor where's J-Justin" I tried to speak through my sobs.

"Mrs. Bieber, Mr. Bieber is still in the operation room, there's a massive loss of blood, we're trying out best" He said before going back in and I looked at Mr. Foster.

"How did this happen?" I asked him as I felt another warm drop of tears slide down my cheek.

"Mrs. Bieber, please have a seat" He said and sat me down on a chair and sat down beside me.

"Mr. Bieber crashed his car against a truck. The truck driver said he was driving as if he just couldn't see the truck and by the time he realized, it was too late, the doctor said they found traces of Xanax in his blood. He has hit his head pretty bad and I don't want to scare you but his condition is very delicate" He said and I swallowed another sob.

"Xanax?" I mumbled and he pressed his lips in a think line.

"Not overdose but yes" He said and put my head in my hands and had no option left but to cry.

"Scarlett!?" I heard Cameron and Emma's voice and looked up to see them come through the elevator looking just as scared and confused as I was.

"Scar, hey, w-what happened" He asked as he sat down beside and I could just hug him and cry as Mr. Foster explained him and Emma everything.

"Oh my God" Emma mumbled and Cameron rubbed my back.

"Where are the kids?" He asked.

"I let them be home with Mama Jen" I said and he nodded.

"This is all because of that fucking Chris!" He almost yelled as he pulled at his hair.

I rested my back against the chair and my head against the wall and shut my eyes, hoping that when I open them, everything will be alright.

But that did not happen.

Two hours passed and Justin was still in the operation room. Pattie and my parents were here too. Mom was trying to comfort Pattie, while dad, Cam and Emma and me just waited silently for the doctor to come out.

"D-Doctor, is he alright?" My head snapped up when Cameron said that and I saw that the doctor had come out so I stood up too.

"The operation was successful but..." He trailed off.

"But what!?" I almost yelled.

"I'm sorry Mrs. Bieber but due to the severe injuries to his head, Mr. Bieber is in coma..." He said and for a moment I couldn't even understand what he said until my brain processed his words.

"What" Cam muttered and Pattie couldn't hold her sobs in anymore.

"Oh my god..." Emma said.

"Yes, We don't know how long will it take him to recover from that. He can get out of it today itself or a month later, it can be anytime" He said.

My vision blurred with tears again.

"I want to see him" I mumbled and he nodded.

"We'll shift him in his room and then you can go see him. But there are some formalities to be done" He said.

"I-I'll do that" Cam said, knowing I wasn't in the state to do that.

Emma squeezed my shoulder and I looked at her.

"C-Can you call Mama Jen and ask her to bring the kids here?" I said.

"Are you sure?" She asked and I nodded.