Chapter 1 - That's one sexy voice

-

🍣

Her | Him | Her friend
-Her POV-

"This is Holvan's Sushi hotline, how may I help you?"

"That's one sexy voice"

"Excuse me?"

-
I panicked after hearing Sara answer the phone with the weirdest thing I think she's said yet. I quickly grabbed the phone out of her hand.
-

"SARA! You can't just answer the phone saying that!
Sorry about that,"

"Um, don't worry about it ma'am, I'm very sorry that I sound like this, I've lost my voice slightly,"

"He has a really sexy ill voice-"

"Shhhhh,
Please don't call me ma'am I'm not some creep of a 50-year-old woman and also please ignore my friend in the background, she's being a total idiot"

"Ok, erm may I take your order?"

-
I looked down at the little menu card in my hand. We use to be regular costumers at Holvan's, I knew each employee like they were my own family but after the restaurant went under construction for reservation, Sara and I stopped having our frequent visits. It wasn't until Holvan's reopened and introduced a Hotline for delivered sushi, that we came crawling back.

I didn't need the menu card, I knew exactly what I was getting.
-

"Yes! Right we'll have 6 California rolls, 6 Sake's, 6 Ebi's, 6 Tamago's and-"

"A Load of Kappa Maki"

"Coming right up, anything else?"

"Not, for now, thanks, and I hope your voice comes back soon, is it the flu that's been going around?"

"Yeah,"

"Try eating some Sushi,"

-
What was I thinking! Saying something as stupid as that. But it slipped out before I could stop myself. I looked worryingly at Sara who only continued to laugh at my distress from my stupid mistake.

-

"Surely that won't work,"

"I always eat Sushi when I'm ill and I'm ill a lot,"
-
I lied. Badly.
-

"So you eat a lot of Sushi then?"

"We eat enough Sushi for the ocean to be empty..."
-
I facepalmed as I continued to spew rubbish out of my mouth. I screwed my eyes tight to hide the embarrassment of my cringy joke. I relaxed a little when I heard a soft laugh from the other end of the line.
-

"This Hotline is new, isn't it? I don't remember Holvan's Sushi having one before,"

"They refurbished the restaurant  and added a Hotline just a few months ago,"

"Ah thought so, Er, do you get a lot of people calling?"

"No hardly anyone calls the hotline, most people come to the restaurant to eat in. Especially on a Monday evening,"

"Just us being lazy then I-"

"Just you, you mean, I was perfectly happy with going out but no you had to st-"

"Shhhh we're taking up this guys time!"

-
I paused. Was this mysterious person a guy? I have just assumed from the deep gravely voice. Suddenly I got nervous, I didn't want to insult the person on the other line.
-

"If you are a guy......not like a woman with a low voice or, er, anything"

"Please confirm for my friend that you are of the male species-"

-
I heard a chuckle from the other side of the line, which made me jump. It was low and a little husky presumably from the hotline speakers sore throat. It was a relaxed laugh but I still blushed from embarrassment.
I was so glad this was over a phone call and not in person.
-

"yes I can confirm"

"Good"
-
Oh no.
I did not mean that.
-

"Good?!"

"Shut up!"

"Erm is there anything else I can do for you two?"

"14 Fuller-street, Wadsworth"

"Sorry?"

"Oh that's my address, for the Sushi to be sent to"

"Sorry! Thank you, your order will arrive shortly. Hope you enjoy your Sushi!"

"You too"
-
Shit
-

"You too? Are you stupid or something?"

-
Yes. Yes, I am.
-

>>>>><<<<<

>>>>><<<<<

Hey guys! Hope you enjoyed the start of Sushi Hotline!

I've read a couple of Hotline books and always wanted to try one out.

I only ask for one thing, that is please don't be a silent reader. Just drop a vote and show some love. I want to know if you are enjoying it.

Also, let me know if the format of the chapters are working and aren't too confusing with both speech and thoughts.

As always, this is my own work so please don't copy and if you see anything that looks similar, copied or stolen please let me know.

Enjoy
-AMG