twenty two - another girl

You were busy for the next couple of days and thankfully that gave you a reason to not have to be around Jaebum for a while.

   Mr. Park had apologized for going off that day and said how he was only trying to protect you because you didn't deserve to be treated that way. Even though it was sweet that he was protecting you since that was his job, it was still a bit far especially since this really wasn't something he had any reason to stick his nose into. But you had forgiven him because he did it out of kindness and care.

   Jaebum has been extremely cold though, throwing you around as if you were some sort of object. He hadn't apologized and you really didn't think he would because that's just how he was.

   Jackson had somehow managed to convince you to join the gym at the studio with him and you were actually super excited. The only reason you hated gyms were mostly because they were crowded and people always tend to stare and make you feel uncomfortable but this would be a much more private environment.

    "Wow you actually came! I'm proud of you!" he joked as you stuck your tongue out at him.

   "Alright but I'm gonna be completely honest with you. I have no idea how any of these equipments work,"

   "Don't worry I'm a master of the gym, Jackson will teach you." He showed off his guns trying to impress you.

   "Lame."

   "Ouch, you hurt my feelings."

   You continued to mock one another back and forth as he taught you the basics.

    "You think you got the hang of it?"

   You sure did. You were ready to slay this shit!

    "Move aside, I got this!"

    He laughed and moved away to allow you to do your thing.

    Jackson had been very helpful and actually made you feel more interested in working out once you actually knew what to do and what worked best for you. You were mostly focusing on toning and gaining more strength.

    "Start light and then increase the weights whenever you feel that you need to."

    He did his own thing and you did yours. Working out made you feel good about yourself and you were so glad you came here.

   "Is everything okay with you and Jaebum by the way?" he asked later on and you really hoped he wasn't going to.

   "It's fine. I know that being in this fake relationship doesn't mean anything, but I just wished that me and him could at least be friends," you confessed and Jackson handed you a towel and water bottle and sat next to you.

   "I'm sure he's just stressed. He has a lot going on with Got7 and being a leader. He's kind of the one in charge and the one who has to worry about a lot of things."

   "Yeah I completely understand but I would love to be there for him as a friend but he just hates me or something."

   "There is no way he hates you don't worry."

   He placed his arm around your shoulder and patted your back providing you with a kind gesture of comfort and you thanked him for it.

   "You're so funny Jaebum-oppa!"

   Your eyes came to the door as it opened to reveal a petite pretty girl giggling with Jaebum behind her.

   You felt Jackson's arm around your shoulder tense but he continued to keep it there but you weren't really wondering much about that as your attention remained towards the door.

   Jaebum stopped in his tracks and stared at you and Jackson. "Maybe we should come back a bit later?" he turned and asked the girl next to him.

   "No way! It will be a lot of fun to work out with Jackson and his girlfriend, it can be like a double work out date!" she squealed and you remained confused at her words.

    Jackson's hand moved away from your shoulder and he stood up. "Oh come on, I'm sure you're aware who Y/N is," Jackson said with a fake smile.

   "Irrelevant? Jaebum could do so much better!" she replied and for some reason that hit you hard but you just remained silent because you didn't want to get involved with some random girl you didn't know.

   "Where did you find such garbage?" Jackson asked Jaebum and your eyes shot up at him in shook at his words causing you to stand up quickly before any more arguments began.

   "Jackson and I are done here so you two can have the room to yourselves," you said, quickly pulling Jackson away with you.

   "Jackson!"

   "What! She was being a bitch," he rolled his eyes and you smacked his arm.

    "It doesn't matter, don't start anything,"

   "He's being a dick though, he knew I would be at the gym with you today, so obviously he brought her with him on purpose," he explained and you tried to not react. Why would he do that? Probably to hurt you even more?

    "It doesn't matter, he has freedom to do anything he wants and hang out with as many girls as he wants," you tried to hide the hurt in your voice. "Shit!"

   "What's wrong?" he asked.

    "I left my phone in there,"

    "I'll get it," he said and began walking back but you quickly grabbed him.

   "Oh please, so you can call her 'garbage' again?" you laughed. "I'll get it myself, you wait here.

    You entered the first door and stared at the one to the gym. Your heart felt weird and you began feeling anxious for no stupid reason. Finally getting yourself to open the door.

    They were laughing and stopped as soon as they heard the door.

    "Sorry, I forgot my phone," you apologized and sped-walked to where you left it, awkwardly passing by them.

    "That's a good excuse," the girl mocked and you managed to keep yourself calm as you ignored her and quickly grabbed it and began walking away but she got in front of you. It was funny because she was so short compared to you that you had to tilt your head down just to look at her.

"Do you mind moving out of my way?" you said, getting a bit annoyed now.

"What's it like? You know, being in a relationship where the guy doesn't like you at all?" she mocked.

"That's enough," Jaebum said to her but she continued.

"Oh come on I wanna hear her answer. It must be really tough huh?"

It's really not, especially since the feeling is mutual," you blurted and pushed your way around her and walked out. You tried not to really focus on Jaebum's expression but you were sure he must of felt relieved.