twenty six - reality

——-

Things were amazing as you sat with Jaebum at your place. He had showed up at your door with his cat Nora in his arms. It was the cutest sight you'd ever seen.

You both sat on your floor playing around with Nora as she happily rubbed herself against your leg.

"She approves. It's official now."

"Approves what?" you laughed.

"You. If Nora likes you that means this relationship is a go," he winked and rubbed her belly.

"Oh, what if she didn't like me?" you mocked.

"I'd have to end this relationship sorry," he joked back.

You both laughed and you continued to play with her. You've always wanted a cat and you were looking forward to meeting his other two. You were in a relationship with a crazy cat man and you loved it.

He lay on your carpet and held Nora up and you jokingly began singing the Lion King song which had him laughing loudly and in that moment you realized that was the most beautiful sound you've ever heard.

"Are you hungry? I should warn you that I'm not a very good cook but I could order something," you said, a bit worried that he'd mock you for your lack of cooking skills.

"It's okay, I'll make something for you. Not to toot my own horn but, I'm a fantastic cook," he said as he gave you a kiss on the cheek and stood up, heading towards your kitchen.

    You hadn't been this happy in a very long time. Things were amazing, you felt amazing.

     His mother was so happy to hear the news about your relationship and even said something along the lines of "I knew it would happen sooner or later."

     Jaebum would have to leave pretty soon due to his busy schedule which was understandable.

   "Your mom wants to go shopping with me" you showed him her adorable text. She had typed "girls night out!" She was so sweet and you were so glad that she had accepted you.

    Shopping with her went well. Except someone taking pictures a couple times, most people just whispered to each other and left you two alone which made things easier.

   "I always feel bad for my son, and any famous person because they can't have much privacy," she spoke sadly.

   "Yeah, it can be tough sometimes."

   "It's Jaebum's birthday soon, what should I get him?" she asked, reminding you as well.

   You sucked with presents and weren't really sure what to get him since he has everything.

    "I'm not quite sure."

   She laughed and nodded. "He usually doesn't ask for anything on his birthdays, he only enjoys the cake and doesn't want anything else so it's always tough to figure it out."

     You had no idea what you'd get him  but you'd try to figure something out later.

    Jaebum's mom had been picked up by his driver and Mr. Park was taking you home.

   You had realized the day had gone suspiciously really good. Everything was also really good with Jaebum too.

   And on the way home, things took a weird turn.

    "You seem really happy lately," Mr. Park said.

    "Things are finally going well," you smiled and he gave you a sad look in the rear view mirror.

     "I heard you and Jaebum are really together now?"

     "Yes."

    You weren't quite sure why, but you began feeling strange at his sudden change in tone.

     "I don't want to see you get hurt..." he sighed.

    "Get hurt? What do you exactly mean by that?"

     "It's just that...Jaebum isn't a very good guy. He has a terrible reputation when it comes to his past relationships."

    You began feeling nervous and it showed in your voice. "What are you saying?"

    "Well, he's known for using girls quite a lot. Especially foreign girls. He isn't serious about you, trust me. You're just some toy to him. He's fucking with you. He's a shitty guy. I've heard he sleeps with different girls all the time, just because he can. Since he's all cool and famous or whatever." You couldn't help the tears beginning to roll down your face. One second you were so happy, now reality was kicking you in the ass.

    "Guys like him, do not deserve a girl like you. I suggest breaking it off as soon as possible if you don't want to get hurt."