artificial love ➤ | ❝perfect boyfriend❞

artificial love

perfect boyfriend

N A O M I

                                         We were sitting in the bleachers watching the football team practice for their homecoming game.

     "Let's go team!" Megan yelled.

     "C'mon, Kyan!" I said, smiling.

     "Girls," Coach Carter said, walking towards us. "how many times do I have to tell you that this is just practice not a real game?"

     "Well," Rose began. "if we treat this like a real game then the boys will score more points than they usually do."

     Coach Carter just rolled his eyes and walked away to meet the team. I looked over at Kyan, who was already staring at me. I shot him a smile and he returned with a wink.

     "You guys are just so cute together." Rose said, squealing a little.

     "I agree," Megan added. "You guys are like Angelina and Brad minus all the babies."

     "Kyan and I are just perfect for each other. No doubt about it." I said, smiling.

     "I love coming to watch the guys play, but I hate the fact that it's outside when the weather is like 47 degrees." Megan said, grabbing her scarf out of her purse.

     "Where else would they have practice, Megan?" I said in a stern, annoyed tone.

     "Inside. Where the heat is." she grinned.

     I rolled my eyes and returned my focus back to Kyan.

M A X

     "Are you sure this is the only place where we can play at?" I said, climbing up the bleachers.

     "Yeah, it's nice and cold, plus we can be as loud as we want." Christy said, smiling.

     "Besides, the guys are just practicing and they're way down there and we're way up here." Charity added, looking down at the football crew.

     "Okay guys," I said, pulling out my ukulele. "let's break this new song out."

     "I got you covered, bro." Nick said, banging on a bleacher seat.

     I began strumming my ukulele, but before I could even sing a note, my ears began to ring. The queen bee was here. When she's around, shit better be played by her rules and her rules only.

     "Excuse me, but this is not a barnyard, it's a football practice. So you and your little gang need to shut up before I throw your little tiny guitar across the field. Please and thank you." Naomi said. The venom was thick in the sound of her annoyingly, rude voice.

     "Did that bitch just tell us to shut up?" Christy said, looking at me.

     "Don't start, Chris. Just count to three and turn the other cheek." I said.

     "Max, don't go mom on me and use the tactic crap she uses on my little siblings." Christy said, standing up.

     I sighed and prayed a silent prayer that Christy wouldn't make a complete fool of herself. Christy was known to be the aggressive one in the group. She reminded me so much of a wolf. Protective of her pack when hunters came and tried to destroy, but leant and playfully vicious with her own kind.