artificial love ➤ | ❝jenny❞

artificial love

jenny

N A O M I

                                        I flashed a smile in the mirror before exiting out the girls' bathroom.

     I haven't seen Kyan all day and that's been my goal. He's been sending me text messages after text messages all morning and I've been ignoring them all. Just seeing him I think would pull the trigger for me and allow me to go off like a loose cannon. I just couldn't allow myself to do it. 

     The bell for lunch rang and the hallways were flooded by starving students.

     "Showtime." I said, walking down the hallway towards the lunch room.

     I entered the lunchroom and stopped my target. He was sitting down in his regular spot surrounded by his football crew and an empty seat next to him. Sighing, I proudly walked towards the table, trying to be as confident as possible.

     "Hey baby," he said, looking at me while I took a seat next to him. "where have you been all day? I tried texting you, but you didn't answer."

     "I'll be asking the questions today." I said, smiling.

     "Okay?" he said, looking at his friends.

     "Kyan," I said, sternly. "I want to know who this Jenny is and I want to know now. I have proof, so don't think that I'm the crazy one."

     The whole table got quite. The whole lunch room got quite. I guess my anger took over and I allowed myself to get loud. Everyone was staring in our direction waiting for Kyan to answer my question.

     "Can we just go outside and talk about this?" he said, trying to smile.

     "No! I want everyone to know that you're a liar and a cheater. Now answer my freaking question! Is it Jenny, your cousin, Jenny? If it is then your just plain disgusting!" I said, trying to fight the tears that were beginning to form.

     "I'm Jenny."

     I turned around and saw my best friend, Megan standing front and center with tears in her eyes.

     I literally screamed. "This can't be happening right now! My best friend is sneaking around with my boyfriend! Please tell me right now that I'm being punk'd! Where's Ashton Kutcher and the hidden cameras."

     "I'm so sorry, Naomi. Things between Kyan and I just clicked and before I could open my mouth to tell you how I felt about him, we started sneaking around."

     "How long has this been going on and how did this happen?" I said, looking at Kyan.

     No one said anything.

     "How long has this been going on and how did this happen?!" I repeated, screaming again.

     "Remember when I said that I couldn't hang out with you that night becauce coach had called an emegency practice ." Kyan said, staring at the floor.

     I nodded my head, thinking about Kyan's sympathetic voice that night on the phone.

     "Well, I lied and went to this party with my football crew and I got so drunk that I made out with Megan and then it just continued from there."

     "So you've been screwing my boyfriend, me, and yourself. I trusted you, Megan, you were my best friend." I cried.

     "Naomi, I'm so sorry." Megan said, touching my shoulder.

     "Don't. Don't touch me." I said, throwing her hand off my shoulder.

     "Naomi, you're acting like a little drama queen and you need to stop." Kyan spoke up.

     "You have no room to talk. I'm done with the both of you. The both of you can just die in a hole. I hope he finds out that he has AIDS and you have to suffer. " I screamed, walking away.
      "Wouldn't you have to suffer too? He was your boyfriend, so I mean you would have AIDS too." I heard someone say. I was too angry to turn around and react to their comment.

     Before I knew it, I slipped on the wet floor. Trying to catch my balance, I grabbed the first thing that I could reach; the trash can. Which was a really bad idea because that ended up tipping over and disgusting trash fell all over me.

     The lunch room was filled with laughter and the flashes of camera phones. It felt like a really bad scene in a movie where the popular girl get punished for making a fool out of herself. I shouldn't be the one getting punished. I didn't do anything bad. This is all Kyan's fault. If he wouldn't have cheated on me then I wouldn't have to confront him. I should be sitting at the table, laughing with my friends, and enjoying lunch with the one I truly love. No, my ass is on the floor crying my eyes out while everyone's laughing at me.

     Closing my eyes and trying to forget about everyone's presence, I felt a pair of strong arms grabbing me bridal style. I could hear the laughter slowly fading away, so he must have carried me out of the lunchroom. Whoever was carrying me out of my misery smelled like Dolce and Gabbana's Light Blue and the shirt they had on felt soft against my skin.

     It was like a angel from above had saved me from my worst nightmare. Opening my eyes I realized that my mystery angel was him. The one who I literally gave hell to everyday. The one person who I least expected to save me from this nightmare.

    897 words | is this mean girls or what, amrite?