artificial love ➤ | ❝true friendship❞

artificial love

true friendship

M A X

                                       I made sure that I set my alarm early that Monday morning.

     I could open Naomi's locker and place my forgiveness letter in there. The bouquet idea was something I stumbled upon on my way to school.

•  •  •  •

     I glanced at the clock and impatiently tapped my pencil against my desk. Naomi was always early for first period class. She said that you could get the good seat if you show up early. I followed her advice today and she doesn't show up.

     "Where is she?" I mumbled to myself, checking the time again.

     "Waiting for someone, dude?" Nick asked, smiling.

     "Naomi's late. She's never late for first period, so she says." I said, staring at the door, hoping she would pop up.

     "Maybe she had to do something." he said, shrugging.

     "Maybe she did, but she would have told me earlier." I replied.

     "But you guys aren't speaking so." he said.

      "So?"

     I could tell that I was getting on his nerves and he didn't have anything else to say, so he shrugged one last time and returned to his desk.

     I couldn't take it anymore. Maybe Nick was right. Maybe she had to do something this morning and she didn't want to tell me. I wanted to believe that, but something inside didn't want me to. I had to check for myself.

     Sighing, I grabbed a hall pass and walked out the room, towards her locker. Turning the corner, I felt my heart shatter into millions of pieces. All I wanted to do is scream as loud as I can to get everyone's attention. But somehow in this current situation, I could feel my anger boiling and I just wanted to punch the shit out of someone.

     Kyan had his hands wrapped around Naomi's waist. Naomi had her arms draped around his neck and he was eating her neck away while she was staring into space and letting tears escape her eyes.

     "Naomi?" I yelled.

     She turned her head around and the tears came down like Niagara Falls. Something happened. She wouldn't do this. Would she?

     "Max," she whispered, joyfully. She tried to escape from Kyan's grip, but he jerked her back, slamming her back against the locker.

     "She doesn't want you, Schneider. Go back to class before you get your ass kicked and your feelings hurt." Kyan barked.

     "You know what, Kyan? There's your problem right there. You like to control people and when you don't get your way you want to be a bitch about it." I spat back.

     "It's not a good thing to be a smart ass, Max." he said, tightening his grip on Naomi. She whined at the current pain she was in.

     "Why? Are you scared?" I said, walking towards him.

     "Max, please." Naomi pleaded.

     "Don't help him, princess. He wants an ass kicking today." he said, smirking.

     I had no idea what got into me. I guess when Kyan called Naomi his princess, it set me off. Without a warning, I threw punches after punches not caring where they went. Whenever it was over, I stepped back and took pride in what I had done. Kyan was lying on the floor, wincing at his bruises. To finish it off, Naomi kicked him where the sun don't shine and I watched her slowly back away from him and towards me.