artificial love ➤ | ❝warning❞

artificial love |

warning

C H R I S T Y

                                         I watched Max entered the classroom, laying his tardy slip on the teacher's desk.

     He walked towards my direction sitting in the empty chair next to me. He didn't say a word, he just looked at the assignment on the board and opened his book.

     "Christy," I said, mockingly. "I didn't tell you where I was for free period and I know you're probably mad at me, so I want to apologize."

     He rolled his eyes, but didn't clap back at me. I frowned and heavily sighed.

     "Max?"

     He heavily sighed and looked at me raising his eyebrows.

     "What's wrong with you and where have you been? I've been looking for you like crazy."

     "C, I'm here now, right?"

     "Yeah?"

     "Okay, be quiet about it." he grabbed his pencil and began writing.

     "What's your problem?" I said, quietly.

      "If I tell you where I was then you probably wouldn't believe me." he said, putting his pencil down.

     I laughed,  "Try me, bitch."

     "First off, I'm not your bitch," he chuckled. "but I was with Naomi at a coffee shop." he said, slowly and quietly.

     I didn't say anything, I didn't even react. Max being with Naomi doing who knows what is a bad idea and he knows that. The anger inside me began to flare up, but for the first toms ever, I followed my mother's instructions and counted to three. Max just stared at me for a while, laughed a bit, and continued to his work.

     "You need to stop overreacting, Christy. You're not my mom." he said.

     "But you're like a brother to me and I care about you." I said, opening my notebook.

     He shrugged as closed his notebook and book. "It's just Naomi. I can handle myself pretty well."

N A O M I

     Lola walked in my room with a bag of potato chips. "I heard you had a bad day at school." she said, quietly.

     "How did you hear that?" I asked, combing out the tangles in my wet hair.

     She handed me her phone and I stared at the screen. A video of me slipping and trash falling on me appeared. I felt my blood boiling and I quickly gave the phone back to Lola before I exploded. She shrugged and continued watching the video.

     "And I see that Max helped you." she said with raised eyebrows.

     "Yeah," I smiled a bit. "he saved me."

     "Why are you smiling? You did something I just know it! And you have Max involved!" she exclaimed, jumping on my bed.

     "Lola, it's none of your business." I said.

     "It is my business if my baby is in it." she said, folding her arms.

     I sat on the floor Indian-style, trying to ignore the words that just came out her mouth. She mentally apologized and I nodded, accepting her apology.

     "All I'm telling you is that he's in my plan to make Kyan and Megan jealous." I said, throwing my comb to the side.

     "Sneaky I see." she said, leaving my room.

     Lazily, I got up and walked to my phone. I decided to shoot Max a quick text. For some reason, I felt weird about texting another guy that wasn't Kyan, but it's just Max, right? He's not cool and he's just a friend. I scrolled through my contacts and found his name.

naomi king
hey it's naomi! I don't know but I feel like I should text and see if our plan is still on...

max schneider
lol I didn't think you had my number saved
but I'm still down for the plan

naomi king
yeah I didn't know I had your number saved either lol shocker I guess
but great I'm glad we're on the same page.

max schneider
that's good. I think I'm going to go bed now so I'll holla at you tomorrow, baby!

naomi king
umm baby?

max schneider
sorry force of habit :)

     Smiling in satisfaction, I placed my phone back on the dresser and returned to my spot on the floor. Thinking about everything that happened today made me realize that it was me against the world. The people that cared about me really didn't. They all used because of my position. They were jealous and I didn't noticed that until today's incident. I had my head in the clouds.

     Well, here's a warning to everyone out there. Naomi may have went down today, but she's coming back a little bit stronger.

753 words | is this story good or am I just really lame at creating stuff?