artificial love ➤ | ❝pure hell❞

artificial love |

pure hell

M A X

I sat there speechless as I watched Naomi's little outburst.

Her little perfect boyfriend was sneaking around with her best friend. You could tell that she was heartbroken. Every time Kyan would say something about him and Megan it was like sharp daggers piercing in her chest. I felt bad for her, but I realized that the things I said to her yesterday were finally happening.

"Dude, this is embarrassing." I whispered to Nick. "Why don't they just take this somewhere else?"

"Naomi needs all the attention right now. That's how she function, it's where she gets her fuel from." Nick whispered, not once making eye contact with me.

Sighing, I shook my head and looked around the cafeteria. Everyone's eyes were on her as usual. It's amazing how much attention a fight gets, but yet it's amazing how much attention Naomi gets. Everyone wants to have her rich, fabulous life. But honestly what's the cost?

The worst occurred. The lunch room was dying of laughter. The queen had finally lost the heir to her throne. Naomi Victoria King was finally a laughing stock. She was on the floor with tears in her eyes and trash on her head.
This is my fault. I jinxed it. This all happened because of me.

"I gotta do something." I said, getting up from my table and walking towards her. I could see Nick slowly following behind me.

I picked her up and carried her from her hell to the only place I knew I could clear her head and also mine. Nick and I quickly made our way down the hallway. Christy was standing in the hallway when she saw us. I cursed under my breath as her face expression changed into a not so pleasant one.

"What the hell are you doing, Schneider?" she said, approaching us.

"I'll explain in a few, but I need your help." I said, still walking.

"Max, your losing you mind. She's the enemy. The queen. The main entrée. Your just soldier. The peasant. Sides on the plate." she said.

I rolled my eyes as we reached our destination. Nick opened the door to the choir room. Charity jumped at our appearance and gasped at girl in my arms.

"What's going on?" she said.

"I promise I'll explain everything later. Can you guys please clean her up?" I said, still gripping onto Naomi.

Charity nodded, but Christy gave me stupid look.

"Excuse me, but do you not recall all the times she's called me names?" she said, crossing her arms.

     "Yes I do, but you did the same to her too." I replied. "Besides she's going through a lot right now. Can you just do it for me, Chris?" I said, trying to smile.

     "Give me answers first." Christy said, stubbornly.

     I laid Naomi down on the soft couch. Sighing, I explained to them detail to detail. Even though Naomi treated her like crap Charity still wanted to help. Christy, on the other hand, was still iffy about the whole situation.

     "What's in it for me?" Christy said, slowly and softly.

     "What do you want?" I said, looking over at Naomi, who had her eyes were closed and silently sobbing to herself.

     "We help her and when this is all done, she's still going to treats us like crap." she said, staring at the ground.

     "She has nothing to go back. Everything she had is gone." I replied.

     "The one time Naomi embarrassed herself, the one time, I wasn't there." she mumbled.

     "Just give her break, Christy. She's been through hell already." Charity nagged.

     The two girls carried Naomi out the room and walked to the bathroom, leaving Nick and I in the room alone.

•  •  •  •

N A O M I

     "What's going on?" I said, feeling dizzy. Everything was such a blur and I felt really uncomfortable on this couch. I could see Max and Christy sitting on the piano bench staring at me.

     "What's going on?" I repeated myself.

     "You witnessed pure hell." Christy said, smiling. Max rolled his eyes and nudged her side.

     "You had a little mishap in the lunch room, so we helped you out." Max said, smiling.

     "Oh," I said, quietly. "I guess I appreciate that. Why are you still doing in here?"

     "We wanted to stay until you woke up." he said, still smiling.

     "She's wake now." Christy mumbled.

     I shifted my weight from the couch, now sitting up. An awkward silence squeezed its way in between the three of us.

     "Well, you guys can go now." I said.

     "Bye then." Christy said, smiling.

     I looked at Max, who was slowly gathering his bags. I could tell he wanted to tell me something, but he just didn't have the courage to do so.

     "Max," I finally called him before he walked out the room. "can you help me with something?"

     "Sure, what's up?"

     "I need you to be my boyfriend."

827 words |  tbh boyfriend by justin beiber was the shit.