artificial love ➤ | ❝Saturday breakfast❞

artificial love

❝Saturday breakfast❞

M A X

                                          A sea of curse words escaped from my mouth when my foot hit against my bed stand.

     I could see Naomi's head pop up in the mirror, causing a laugh to come out. Sleepily, she began to mumble and look around, checking her surroundings.

     "Go back to sleep, beautiful. I'm fine." I said, smiling.

     She nodded and slammed her head back down on the pillow. It's was only 9 in the morning and both of my parents went out on their Saturday morning errands, leaving Naomi and I home alone.

     Suddenly, I heard a buzz coming from the front door. I raced to the door and opened it to a smiling and cheerful Christy. She had a box of microwaveable pancakes in one hand and a box of Honey Nut Cheerios in the other.

     "What are you doing? It's too early for you to be here." I said, rubbing my eyes.

     "Did you forget, Max? We have breakfast every Saturday morning at your place." she said, handing me the box of pancakes.

     "Oh yeah, I totally forgot." I said, walking to the kitchen with her.

     She stuck her tongue out and grabbed the milk from the refrigerator.

     "What time did Naomi leave last night?"

     "She didn't." I said, quietly.

     "What do you mean she didn't?" she replied, raising her eyebrows.

     "She stay-"

    "Good morning," Naomi croaked. "is that pancakes I see?"

     Christy looked at me and I gulped, hoping for the best to come in this current situation.

     "Christy, what are you doing here?" Naomi asked, stretching.

     "I was going to ask you the same thing, but since you asked first I'll be the polite one. I normally have breakfast with Max every Saturday."

     "That's nice." she replied, looking at me.

     "Would you like to join us?" I asked.

     "No thanks, I have to get home." she said.

     "What's the rush? I'm pretty sure your parents wouldn't mind. I mean you spent the night, right?" Christy said, smirking.

     "It wasn't like that. Not at all." Naomi spat.

     "Sure looks like it," Christy spat back. "Face it Naomi, you haven't changed. You're still the little bitch that sleeps with guys to get what yo-"

     "Christy!" I yelled before she could say something that will cause the police to come over and arrest the both of them for assault.

     "Naomi, are you sure?" I asked, once more keeping my eyes on Christy.

     "Yes, I'm positive!" she said, before she exiting the kitchen. I turned and looked at Christy, but she just shrugged. I sighed and walked to my room where Naomi was beginning to collect her stuff.

     "What Christy said wasn't true, baby. She's trying to get under your skin." I said, leaning against the door frame.

     "The best thing for you to do is to go back in the kitchen and leave me alone." she grumbled.

     I grabbed her arms, but she yanked away from me.

     "Naomi, talk to me."

     She sat on the edge of my bed and stared at me. "Want to talk? Let's see, I've spent the night at a guy's house and I wake up and the best friend is standing in the kitchen wanting answers and talking shit. Christy thinks we did something, Max."

     "Christy wouldn't think that she's my best friend." I said.

     "And I'm her best enemy, Max!" she exclaimed.

     "You know that made no sense." I said, trying to be serious, but I had to laugh at her comment.

     She rolled her eyes, released a sigh, and grabbed her clothes then her phone from the dresser.

     "I'll talk to you later." she said, walking out the room. I followed her out, trying to come up with something to make her stay, but I couldn't.

     Sighing, I walked back to the kitchen and saw that Christy already started eating without me.

     "You couldn't wait for me?"

     "You had to deal with your own drama." she said, opening her granola bar.

     "Naomi's not drama, Christy. Besides you started it." I said, grabbing the box of cereal.

     "Why did she leave anyway?"

     "She's pissed about what you said! She told me that she thinks that you think that we had sex last night."

     "Well?" she asked, raising an eyebrow.

     "Well what?" I replied, confused.

     "Did you sleep with her?" she spat.

     Almost choking on my cereal, I pushed my bowl out of the way.

     "You're kidding right?"

She shook her head and bit her lip.

     "Christine, why would you think that? My parents were there, across the hall. Naomi and I love each other, but I'm not ready for that."

     "Well," she started. "since you two were connected last night, she didn't go home, and she wakes up with your clothes on. Wouldn't you think that she would waste no time getting in your pants?"

     "I wouldn't do that. When it's my time, the thing will happen. I want it to be special with a special girl." I said, quietly.

     "Same here, but with a guy." she replied, quietly, grabbing a napkin.

     And with that said, we oddly continued our normal Saturday breakfast in silence.

855 words | I love 90s movies tbh