artificial love ➤ | ❝meeting❞

artificial love

meeting

M A X

                                         The four of us were sitting on the cold grass under our favorite tree in Central Park.

     During the holidays, New York was full of annoying tourists who was just dying to look around this strange place we call home. It was nice to get visitors once and awhile, but I just enjoyed it when the city was filled with cranky New Yorkers that almost knew your real name.

     "Damn," Christy said, looking around the park. "I don't understand why New York is such a popular state. Like why would people want to go to New York for the holidays?"

     "We got parades and balls that people want to see." I said, picking at the grass.

     "Balls?" Nick laughed.

     I rolled my eyes and semi chuckled at my friend's stupidity. "New Years Ball Drop in Time Square, Nick."

     "I figured you were talking about that." he blushed.

     "Anyways," Charity said, getting uncomfortable with the subject. "let's go ice skating. I'm up for anything right now."

     We all nodded in agreement and we got up and from the ground. My phone suddenly buzzed, causing me to stop in my tracks. It was Naomi.

naomi king
can you come over now?

     "Is everything okay, Schneider?" Charity said, causing everyone to stop and turn towards me.

     "Yeah," I said, typing my reply. "I just got to go. Something came up and I gotta go get to it."

max schneider
yeah I'm on my way right now

     "Where are you going?" Christy said, giving me a evil stare.

     "Does it concern Christy? No, I don't think so." I said, smiling. I didn't want to fight with Christy again. Without saying anything else, I waved goodbye and head off to Naomi's house.

•   •   •   •

     Nervously, I walked up the porch steps and rang the door bell. I waited for a good thirty seconds admiring the beautiful Christmas wreath until the door swung opened. A familiar young girl opened the door with a huge smile on her face.

     "Hey baby, is Naomi home?" I said, smiling.

     She blankly stared at me for a while and then returned back to reality with the same smile. I then realized that the young girl was Naomi's cousin, Lola. The same Lola that developed a huge crush on me.

     "Yeah, she's in the bathroom pooping." she said, opening the door a little more for me to come in.

     I laughed a little as I walked in. I could see a small woman moving back and forth in the kitchen with a colorful apron wrapped around her waist.

     "Aunt Holly, we have company!" Lola yelled, dragging me into the kitchen.

     The woman in the kitchen looked like Naomi. Hell, I could probably mistake her as Naomi if I didn't know better. She greeted me with a warm smile when looked up from her cooking book.