artificial love ➤ | ❝awkward❞

artificial love

awkward

C H R I S T Y

                                      Max stretched himself on the couch and flipped through the channels, trying to find something to watch.

     "So what are you doing this evening." he said, staring at the tv.

     "I have to go and get my dress fitted for the stupid dance." I said, throwing myself on the couch.

     He laughed a little, placing his feet on my lap.

     "Sucks for you, and it's not a dance it's a ball. They're two different things."

     "Whatever, Professor Schneider." I said, curling my toes and then wiggling them.

     We stared at the television for hours, watching some crazy shows on MTV about people being addicted to plastic surgery. I started to get annoyed with everyone on the tv, so for some random reason I started staring at Max, who's mind was so invested in the show, didn't even notice my sudden choice of gawking.

     God, he looked so perfect. His jawline was perfectly shaped and the scar at the bottom of it gave him this sudden flash of sexiness. His crazy curly hair cascaded in front of his forehead, making him look even hotter. He really needs a hair cut, but still oh my gosh.

     "Christy?" I heard his voice call my name. "Are you okay?"

     "Yeah," I lied.

     He flashed a cute smile and continued to watch TV and I tried to do the same, but I just couldn't because I couldn't stop thinking about his perfect jawline, so I returned to my staring spree.

     "I can't believe she got another lip job." he said, changing the channel. "Did you see the way her lips are already?"

     "They weren't that huge. I mean she could've gone a bit more bigger, but it's her life."

     He gave me a confused look and turned the TV off, turning on his attention to me instead.

     "What's on your mind?"

     "Well," I sighed. I shouldn't tell him. He's overly obsessed with Naomi and they love each other. To tell him it would be like giving him a pair of pink slippers for his birthday. Things would get really awkward, really fast. "there's this girl I know and she has feeling for her best friend, but she has no idea how to tell him."

     "Does the best friend have feelings for her?"

     "She's not sure, but the best friend does have a girlfriend?"

     "I think she should tell him right way. The more she keeps it in, the more feelings she'll develop."

     "I'll tell her that." I said, quietly.

     He nodded and returned the television back on.

     "Max?" I said, closing my eyes.

     "Yeah?"

     I took a deep breath and kissed him, caring less about the consequences that would later occur. My hands slowly trailed up his warm face. I was too scared to open my eyes to see his reaction, but I felt his hands slowly trace up and down my back, causing chills to run through my spine. I slowly pulled away and opened my eyes.

     My stomach started to flip over again and I could fell a lump forming in my throat. Without saying a word, I quickly grabbed my jacket and ran out of there. I suffered the consequences and I got punched by the strong winter weather, but I couldn't dare stay. I could hear Max call my name as I walked faster and faster down the sidewalk.

     I just kissed my best friend. He's with someone else and my selfish self kissed him, knowing that. I never imagined myself being with Max like that. I figured that if I started thinking like that with him, then I would just mess up our friendship. I seriously fucked up.

•  •  •  •

M A X

     After the strange encounter with Christy, I decided to spend the rest of the day with Naomi. I needed to get my mind of things and I figured Naomi would help me out.

     "Baby," she said, laying down on her bed. "I love you so much."

     "I love you more." I said, smiling.

     "Did you get your tuxedo ready for the ball?"

     "Yeah," I said, laughing. "I just need a date."

     She sat up in the bed and look down at me on the floor. I smiled at her, hoping she would get what I was throwing at her. She laughed at me and crawled down next to me on the floor.

     "If you're trying to ask me to go with you to the ball, then you're going to have to better than that."

     "Well," I said, moving closer to her. "I don't have anything fancy to give or a cool promposal. All I can give you is my heart, so would you go to the ball with me?"

     She laughed and kissed on the lips. "I love you so much, Max. I would love to go to the ball with you."

     Excitedly, I kissed her back and gave her a great hug. She knew how to make me happy and I happy that I was able to be myself around her.

     "I love you, Christy."

     My heart stopped and she looked at me blankly. I cursed under breath and scrambled up from the floor.

     "What did you say to me?" she questioned, tears forming in her eyes.

     "I'm sorry, Naomi. I'm sorry." I said, softly.

     "Is that all you guys know what to do? Just fucking leave, Max!" she screamed, throwing her pillows and my jacket at me.

     I didn't know what to say. I didn't know how to explain myself. I just did what I was told before I fucked myself up again.

936 words | throw some bacon on it