The Stress of Love and Reunions

[6 months after proposal, Your P.O.V.]

Red and I are trying to prepare for our wedding. I am still trying to wrap my head around everything. Between the bridal shower, dresses, flowers, and venue the past 4 months have been chaos! The last thing we have to do is the one I dread most, the invitations. Red and I decided to tell his mom and brother in person and we are leaving in the morning, so invitations need to be done tonight. I had been working for hours when Red woke up. [we are still in the hotel room] "Y/n it's midnight. Why aren't you in bed?" a very sleepy Red asked. "Honey, you know we have to mail these invitations before we leave in the morning," I reply gently knowing he isn't yet fully awake. "Come to bed and we'll finish them in the morning. Ok?" Red counters. "Oh, alright," I say and get in bed next to my one true love. As soon as my head hit the pillow I was asleep.

[Timeskip to morning, because I can. Red's P.O.V.]

I hurried home from the post office. I had managed to get out of bed without disturbing y/n soon after she fell asleep last night, so I finished the invitations for her. I sat all our bags at the door and waited for the post office to open at 5:30 am. It's 6:15 when I open the door to our hotel room, praying y/n didn't wake up while I was gone. Thankfully she is still fast asleep. 'She is such a heavy sleeper' I think to myself. I sit on the floor, looking at my beautiful fiance's sleeping face for a while. I decide to look at my watch really quickly. '7:00 am' is what my watch shows. We have to be at the airport in an hour.

I get up by y/n's face and whisper in her ear, "Good morning love." Y/n's eyes flutter open for a second and then close again as she flips over facing the wall. "5 more minutes," she mutters. "No. We have to be at the airport in less than an hour," I say shaking her gently. Y/n shoots up out of bed. "AN HOUR?! Red why didn't you wake me sooner?" Y/n screams as she runs to the bathroom, grabbing her clothes and makeup. I shrug to myself. She doesn't usually do this but, we are meeting my mom and brother in Kanto today. I haven't seen them in so long. I'm so guilty that I basically abandoned them after my father left. However I DID send them money, so mom knows I'm still alive at least. My brother is back in Kanto on a field trip for school with his friends so, yeah. I think Gladion said that Lillie goes to that school too, maybe she'll be there. Hopefully, since I may need a familiar face to talk to.

"Red where are the invitations? y/n asks after she returns. "Already finished and mailed." I reply. "BEST FIANCE' EVER!!!" y/n screams hugging me. "Hush, ur gonna wake the whole hotel," I say and y/n giggles.

[Timeskip to Kanto brought to you by: Ketchup Eating Pikachu! No ones P.O.V.]

Red and y/n walked up to Red's mom's house. Red looked to y/n as the two approched the door. Y/n nods reassuring him. Red lightly knocks on the door. "Just a minute!" a voice calls out from inside. "Ash Ketchum get dressed! We have company!" the same voice calls to her son. Soon the door swings open revealing a lady with red/brown hair, brown eyes, and pale skin. She looked at y/n first then Red. She throws herself into Red's arms hugging him while she cries. "Hey, Mom," Red whispers to her. "Red! I can't believe it! Come in please," Red's mom ushers the two inside.

[Y/n P.O.V.]

We all sit on the couch together. "Red who is this?" the lady asks. Red puts his arm around my waist and looks into his mom's eyes. She doesn't seem to understand so I chime in, "I'm y/n l/n!" Red looks at me as if to tell me to explain why he can't talk much. I nod. "I'm Delia Ketchum, Red's mom," Delia replies. A mini version of Red runs down the stairs. I take a moment to study him. He has his mom's eyes, tan skin [like Red's], and raven black hair [also like Red's]. "Mom who are these people?" the kid [who is no more than 11] asks innocently. "Ash, this is your brother, Red, and this is y/n," Red's mom answered politely. "B-brother?!" Ash exclaims. Red stands up, letting go of my waist, and hugs his brother tightly. Ash returns the hug hesitently,a look of shock plastered on his face. When Red ends the hug he puts his hands on Ash's shoulders and looks at him. Red has tears rolling down his face. "Look at you," Red says to Ash wiping away a tear that escaped Ash's eyes.

The brothers hugged once more before sitting on the couch with Delia and I. I and I explain why Red can't talk much. "Red honey, I am so sorry." Delia sobs. "Mom, it's not... your fault..." Red comforts. "How do you battle then?" Ash asks his big bro. Red [through hand motions] explains the bond he has with his Poke'mon. Ash understands Red's hand movements perfectly. "Oh," he says. We all send a couple more minutes talking to each other about Poke'mon when I remember why we came in the first place. "Red, you wanna tell them or do you want me to?" I ask. Red looks at me questioningly then realizes as well. He pointed to himself and then me and himself again. "One thing I forgot to add when I introduced myself is that I'm Red's fiance'," I say. "We're getting married!" Red finishes. "Oh, my little boy is all grown up!" Delia screams, "When's the wedding? Do you already have a house? Where will the wedding be? Will you live in Kanto or Alola? Are you going to have children right off or..." Red cuts Mrs. Ketchum off. "Mom!" Red whines. I giggle and begin to answer her questions, "The wedding is in a month, it will be in Alola. We don't have a house in Alola but, I have a house here in Kanto and we still have Red's cave on the top of Mount Silver. We are going to live in Alola for the magority of the time because of Red's job. As for the matter of having children... We haven't really talked about it all that much. Whatever happens, happens I suppose." Red buries his head in my shoulder out of embarrisment for that last part. I laugh.

[Timeskip to the next morning]

Red and I are on our way back to Alola. We wave at Delia, Ash, and Ash's friends as the plane takes flight. Red is relived that his mom doesn't hate him for not coming back home. I don't blame him. I know I'd be furious if any child of mine ran away and never came back. Oh, well. I just can't wait to get home.

(Over 1,000 words! Yikes! Hope you guys enjoyed)