chapter 12: right here right now

Oh god I hated to be that girl to ask this question but...

Does this dress make me look fat?

Looking into my reflection I couldn't see any part of my body that I actually liked. This is actually one of the first times I've looked in the mirror and cared about my appearance and I'm not sure why I had only just started to be bothered about it.

What was up with my eyes I mean the symmetry was totally off. My nose wasn't small and perfect enough and why the hell had I only just realized how fat my thighs were.

Maybe I shouldn't wear a skin tight dress on this date, I'd probably pop out of it and I do not want what happened to lateysha grace to happen to me.

Okay so then what should I wear.....

I decided on a black mini skirt and a baggy Superman T-shirt loosely tucked into it, I know it wasn't all sexy and glamorous but it felt more comfortable.

I walked out to the hallway and put on my high heel boots, Q practically toward over me so I needed the extra height.

"Enjoy your night clo star" Toby spoke as he sat on the couch watching gadget man, I knew I would eventually get him to watch my choice of TV.

"Enjoy yours with the company of Richard Ayoade"

"I will, what time is Q picking you up?"

"Uh about" and coincidentally there was a knock at the door, perfect timing "now" I laughed going to open it.

"What's shakin' bacon" he smiled causing my smile to grow even bigger.

"Not much,"

He seemed to stand there glaring at me, crap was there something on my face, did he not like my outfit what was up?.

I waved my hand in front of his face to pull him out of his thoughts.

"Oh sorry I just got caught up in eh...looking at you"

"Don't try and charm me with your lines now, you've seen me so many times before"

"Your so, your so....you look stunning, your my kryptonite" I was given a little boost of confidence by his words.

"Your such a sweet talker Brian Quinn"

"You ready to go"

Crap was I ready to go, uh yeah I think so.....wait was I? Yeah I was.

"Uh huh, bye tobe" I waved to him to which he didn't even look or reply, to focused on the TV.

•••

"So where are you taking me then?" I questioned as I got into the passengers seat of his red jeep.

"Eh, cant say right now, its a surprise" he spoke as he paid attention to starting up the car.

"A good surprise right, your not taking me to an unknown location so you can steel my kidney are you?"

"What no" he laughed, thinking I was joking of course he would say no to that.

"Phew because you telling me no is all the reassurance I need"

He continued to chuckle.

"You wanna put some music on?, I mean its a longish drive" he spoke.

"Yeah sure"

I put on the radio and bobbed my head to the first couple of songs but then blue came on OH MY GOD I LOVE THIS SONG.