three

staring over the cliff, eileen lankman grew nervous about jumping in. she watched the boys spit over the cliff. she crossed her arms over her stomach, growing insecure about her body.

she couldn't believe that she was hanging out with five boys in just her bra and underwear. her father would freak. she told her parents that she was going to the community pool with a couple of school friends.

"eileen, a-are you going to go?" bill asked and eileen's focus snapped back to the five boys in front of her.

she shook her head, not wanting to spit over the cliff.
"then that's it! i win!" richie exclaimed.
"won? did you see that lougie!" eddie looked at richie in disbelief.

"did you see that distance?!" richie responded.
"it's mass! it's always been mass!" eddie exclaimed.

"wha– what is– what is mass?!" richie yelled. eileen laughed at richie and eddie's arguement.

"all right, so...who's first?" bill asked. the boys and eileen looked over the edge of the cliff, seeing the intimidating cliff.

"i'll go." they heard, causing them to turn around. the boys and eileen watched beverly marsh as she undressed.

"sissies." beverly commented as she ran across the cliff and jumped from the edge.

everyone stared in astonishment.
"what the fuck?!" richie yelled out. beverly hit the water, causing a splash.

"ah, holy shit! we just got shown up by a girl!" richie commented, causing eileen to scoff.
"no offense, eileen." he added.

"we have to do that now?" stanley asked nervously.
"come on!" beverly yelled out.

"oh shit." stanley cursed, looking down over the edge. bill jumped from the edge, splashing into the water.

|||

eileen splashed the water onto the boys and beverly.
"hey!" richie yelled out, splashing eileen back.

the sound of eileen's laughter filled the quarry as everyone began to splash her.

stanley looked at eileen, smiling at the sound of her laugh. it was no surprise that all of the boys were fond of eileen.

they all thought that she was beautiful. god, richie could never forget the valentine's day card that eileen gave him in the second grade.

but in that moment this would be the first time stanley would think of eileen in that way.

the pressure of the water snapped stan out of his thoughts.
"uris, you okay?" eileen asked as the boys and beverly began to play chicken.

stanley nodded, and looked at eileen.
"you wanna be my partner for the game?" eileen asked, hoping that he would say yes.

"yeah, sure." stanley nodded.

|||

the boys stared in awe as they watched beverly tan under the sun. eileen was heavily invested in her novel.

eileen felt eyes on her, causing her eyes to flicker up from her book. she noticed that stan was staring at her.

"what's wrong, stan?" she asked.
"you don't have to just read your book, you know. you can talk with us." he commented.

"i'd rather not stare at beverly but thanks, stan!" eileen refrenced to the four other boys that were staring at beverly marsh.

"you don't have to be alone, eileen." stanley commented in a serious manner.
she looked up at him. her hands closed her book softly.

"i guess having a friend would be kinda nice." she stated.
"well if one friend is nice, six must be great." stan responded.

a smile settled onto eileen's face.
"don't tell anyone, but you're my favorite, stan." eileen whispered.

stanley began to smile from ear to ear at the thought of being eileen's favorite.