sixteen

as the seven kids walked towards the neibolt house, eileen knew that she was scared shitless. the only thing that she had to fight against the killer clown with was her hands. not to mention that she was a one hundred pound thirteen year old that would throw up at the slightest sight of blood.

nonetheless, she also knew that her friend needed her. all of her friends needed her.

out of the corner of her eye, she saw eddie fling his fanny pack across the lawn. her eyes traveled over to stan. she could see the uncertainty on his face.

her blue eyes then glanced over towards richieas he broke a bottle down to where there was only a fourth of it left. richie looked down at the neck of the bottle and back up towards the losers, only to toss the bottle to the side.

"are y-you guys rea...ready?" bill glanced back towards his group of friends. nearly everyone nodded, but that was enough for him.

bill, richie, ben, eddie, mike, and eileen all walked into the house. eileen held her hand out behind her, waiting for stanley to grasp it. she knew that it would provide her comfort, but he didn't.

eileen was the first to turn around, followed by the guys.
"stan..." eileen started, beginning to frown.

"stan, we all have to go." bill commented as the losers stared at stan.

it broke part of eileen's heart to see stan that terrified.
"th-that beverly was right. if we spl-split up like last time, that clown will kill us one by one." bill noted.

then, eileen realized something.

this could be the end of her life, that she might not make it out of the neibolt house alive. eileen lankman knew that she was going to have to risk her life to get her friend back.

her revelation only caused her heartbeat to speed up as the sight of stanley walking into the house caught her attention.

the teenagers began to walk through the house, eileen and stan both becoming apprehensive towards the whole situation.

the two stopped walking once they reached a tattered and crumbling well.
"hey eddie, got a quarter?" richie asked.

eileen sighed, somehow finding that the tension dispersed when richie made a joke as if it were any other day.

the thirteen year olds crowded around the well as eddie began to speak,
"i wouldn't wanna make a wish in that fuckin' thing."

bill shone the flashlight down into the well as ben yelled out beverly's name.
"how are we supposed to get down there?" mike and eileen asked simultaneously, resulting in the two to glance at each other.

|||

bill was the first to descend into the creepy well, then the losers insisted that eileen went second.

"if anyone's going to make it out alive, it's you two. bill's the leader and eileen? you're the smartest." richie commented as eileen grabbed onto the rope.

"guys, i don't know...." eileen trailed off, looking at her friends. richie shook his head before becoming serious for a moment.

"eileen, you're going to be fine, all right? we all believe in you." richie whispered and eileen began her journey down the well.

she was sure to hold on tightly and to not look down. soon, eileen realized that she was at the end of the rope. she let go and her white converse jumped down onto the well's ground.

eileen pulled her hair up, wrapping the hairtie around her brown hair as she heard the other loser's begin to call out mike's name. her eyes widened as she rushed over to them, only to see bowers with blood splattered on his face. her skin began to crawl from the sight of blood on him.

bowers let out a breathy and sadistic laugh as the loser's called out for mike. henry reached out to pull the rope from out of the well.

"get the rope!" eileen yelled, only for the boys to lose grip of the rope.
"no, no, no, no!" richie groaned as the rope dropped before their faces.

"mike! mike!" the losers yelled out, hoping that mike would make it out alive.

"i-i shou...should get up there!" bill panicked.
"are you insane?!" richie yelled towards his friend.
"with what?!" eileen exclaimed as well.

the sound of hitting caused eileen to gasp, and soon, the losers watched as henry bowers fell to his death in front of them.

the kids looked up, seeing mike.
"mike!" eddie yelled out, only for mike to let out a sigh.

"i'm okay," mike sighed. "i'm okay."