twenty-one

"i can only remember parts," beverly marsh told her story of when she was forced to float. "but, i thought i was dead. that's what it felt like. i saw us—all of us together, back in cistern, but we were older—like our parents' ages," beverly mentioned.

the losers sat around, listening to beverly share her story. eileen lankman listened closely, curious of what bev had experienced while being so lifeless, so trapped in the air.

"wh-w-what were we all doing there?" bill asked, which lead eileen to wonder the same thing.

"i just remember how we felt," beverly responded, staring off. "how scared we were, i don't think i can ever forget that." the redhead sighed.

bill denbrough reached below him and picked up a shard of glass, standing up.
"swear," bill began and glanced at each member of the losers club. "swear if it isn't dead, if it ever comes back, we'll come back too." he spoke.

eileen's eyes widened as she understood that bill was initiating a blood oath. bev stood, and the losers followed. eileen watched as bill sliced his palm and she felt herself become slightly light headed.

after everything that had happened, she didn't expect for her fear to still exist. bill cut richie's hand, and then he came face to face with her.

"you swear, eileen?" bill looked at the girl, whom was hesitant to place her hand into his.

eileen took in a deep breath. a minutes worth of pain for an eternal promise, she thought. facing her fear, eileen placed her palm into bill's hand. the broken glass pierced eileen's skin, tearing an uneven slit across her palm.
"ah fuck!" eileen hissed as the blood began to pour from her hand.

once bill ended with cutting beverly's palm, the losers grabbed hands. eileen's hand joined with richie and eddie's as she tried to ignore not only the pain of her own hand, but also the fact that blood was coming in contact with her skin.

eileen looked around the group as she watched everyone clasp hands with one another. she began to think that at the beginning of her summer, she didn't have a single friend that she could name off of the top of her head.

yet as she stood in that circle, she had seven friends and a lifelong promise between them.

"i gotta go," stanley said and glanced over at bill. "i hate you." he added, slightly glaring. then, a smiled cracked on his face and everyone smiled along. eileen looked over towards stan in pure adoration.

"well, see ya later." stan stated, releasing hands with ben and mike. eileen smiled as she watched her boyfriend walk away from the group. things between the two were slightly tense from eileen feeling guilty about making stan go into the house, but stan still loved her with every part of his being.

eddie looked over towards richie and eileen, hugging them both.
"bye guys." eddie smiled softly as he began his departure.

eileen looked down towards her watch, seeing that it was time for her to go as well. she sighed, turning back to mike, richie, ben, bill, and bev.
"i have to finish packing for camp. i love you guys." eileen frowned and started to walk away.

"we love you too, eileen." richie said with the most genuine tone that he had ever taken in his life.
"bye guys!" eileen waved as she offered a final smile.

"bye!" beverly waved to her newfound friend and then, eileen was gone.